kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

On 7/17/2024 at 1:58 PM, THUNDER BIRD said:

While there could be few comments that will say that Deadpool is making money but not xyz movie, they'll be referring to xyz movie, not Oppenheimer cause Oppenheimer actually made money.

Like on Mad Max subreddit, someone made a post was Angry that Furiosa flopped but Bad Boys 4 made money.

Obviously they don't follow box office. Bad Boys series has always had more mass appeal than Mad Max. I think all 4 Bad Boys have been successful and turned profits. 

15 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

As I've said, 800 would be simply horrendous, no matter where you put it. This is the biggest movie Marvel can put out after Avengers level movies.

Good thing though, is that it won't happen. There are more chances of it becoming highest grossing R Rated movie than skittling to 800 million.

$800M would be disappointing for sure, “horrendous” though absolutely not!

16 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Different days. MCU state isn´t nearly as strong. Besides those movies had incredible reception. We don´t know for sure that will happen. Anything above 800M is good.

Hell, the state of Box Office for Theatrical movies in general is not nearly as strong as it was pre 2020.

I think it will have a very good reception, but still I think a little beyond billlion is the best this film can hope fore given the general state of movies in theaters today.

I think that both Deadpool and Wolvie are so popular will wipe out any loss of brand  appeal the MCU miht have, but still that people are just going to the movies as much as they used to will impact the box office. I suspect this film will do as well as any film could realiticially look to do nowdays.

And some people are in denial about what has happened in since 2020 to theater box office overall. One of the things that annoys me about fanboys is there ability to ignore reality if it chalshes with their fan fantasies.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KnightofNight237 said:

$800M would be disappointing for sure, “horrendous” though absolutely not!

800 Million is the new Billion in the post 2020 movie box office world.

4 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Unless the budget for this is Endgame levels (WHICH I AM NOT SAYING/DON'T BELIEVE IT IS) and/or the film has a Doctor Strange 2 performance, there's no reason to be disappointed in an 800M WW take. That's in line with previous films, higher actually.

That is another point. I am betring they kept costs down on theis film. Fact is, with a Deadpool Wolvie film the comedy of those two toegether is what will drive the film, and you don't need the massive large scale endgame level battle scenes. It will be a very profitible film for Disney.

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Something about this one really feels fundamentally different 

I love the quotes around "grown men". Even the author knows how ridiculous this is.

I like how you guys are trying to disparage fan boys when the article is clearly talking about the film crew itself. Yes these professionals must have something fundamentally wrong with them for being passionate about something they enjoy.🙄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Cinephile me will go on my soapbox and complain that Logan was an incredible send-off and it feels cheap/fan-servicey for Jackman/Wolverine to come back

Real life me just wants this to be as funny as the first two Deadpool movies, they fundamentally work as comedies first, comic book/silly action second. Hope they don’t lose that with this 

Anyways, this will be the first Marvel movie I’m seeing in a theater since… Love and Thunder? That really burned me out for a while…

Logan was very good movie, but it was sad to see Wolverine in such pathetic state.

This one is presenting Wolverine like he should be, Complete Badass, kicking ass & taking names.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Logan was very good movie, but it was sad to see Wolverine in such pathetic state.

This one is presenting Wolverine like he should be, Complete Badass, kicking ass & taking names.

He’d been a badass for 57 movies. It’s a shame the graceful acceptance of his frailty couldn’t have been his final one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Idk about that… while I’m sure he will be kicking ass and taking names, I get the sense from the red-band trailer that *this* Wolverine is dealing with his own serious trauma, and copping with it through alcohol and dark humor. Expecting that to be the crux of his character arc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I like how you guys are trying to disparage fan boys when the article is clearly talking about the film crew itself. Yes these professionals must have something fundamentally wrong with them for being passionate about something they enjoy.🙄

Sorry, it’s still funny

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Idk about that… while I’m sure he will be kicking ass and taking names, I get the sense from the red-band trailer that *this* Wolverine is dealing with his own serious trauma, and copping with it through alcohol and dark humor. Expecting that to be the crux of his character arc.

Which is fine, it's not sad in a way that he isn't someone that can't improve once he completes his character arc. Him being over his trauma would be a nice little journey with him still being THE WOLVERINE that he is.

Logan was basically that he was done, physically, he struggled against random goons, he was in pain, he was struggling to even get his claws out, he was limping, he was a shell of his former self in every term.

Even when he had peace mentally, he was shot physically, that was his state in Logan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

He’d been a badass for 57 movies. It’s a shame the graceful acceptance of his frailty couldn’t have been his final one.

It could have, but it's not fun you see. 

And it's about potential, at this point we're getting Deadpool & Wolverine, and in future we'll be getting Hugh and Tobey and RDJ and Chris and Ryan and so & so on together.

It would be a shame to not bring that on cinema. That's the kind of spectacle Millions of people go to see movies for.

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It could have, but it's not fun you see. 

And it's about potential, at this point we're getting Deadpool & Wolverine, and in future we'll be getting Hugh and Tobey and RDJ and Chris and Ryan and so & so on together.

It would be a shame to not bring that on cinema. That's the kind of spectacle Millions of people go to see movies for.

I'm not going to deny this is true, but it's also one of the saddest descriptions of the state of cinema one could give.

• Like 1