kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

45 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If this gets bad reviews I'll feel the same way that Deadpool felt when Vanessa died or how Bruce felt after his parents died :( 😭

I greatly envy your life if this is what gets you this emotional.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TMP said:

Jackman’s Wolverine felt like a pretty pointed response to the Clooney Batman-era of super stuff, right down to mocking the concept of super suits, so the fact that he has his own Batman & Robin (right down to the naming convention, lol) feels like a full circle moment. 

In retrospect it was probably a bad idea to not let Logan be his swan song. Felt like such a perfect conclusion to that whole universe

I like to think I’m above fanboy raging, and obviously Hugh wanted to do this, but I still feel can’t help but find it desperate and sad to see Jackman as Wolverine again. It just reeks of cheap fan service and still to me cheapens Logan’s conclusion. A conclusion that really meant a lot to me, both from a “I’ve seen this actor as this character my whole life” and from a thematic standpoint. I’ve tried my best to argue this and that, but it still feels a little sad to see this pathetic ploy for nostalgia money regardless. Just me and my opinion ofc.

• Like 3

It does cheapen Logan's conclusion, but I think the real reason Hugh did it is because he had a bunch of flops like Reminisence and The Son, he needed a big hit to recover, so he decided to step on his pride and promises, took a big paycheck and put on clown costume once more.

Edited by TomThomas

Why do superhero film fans always overreact when their movies get bad reviews? I never understood it.

They are all action films with actors in silly costumes and shouldn't be taken so damn seriously. A little more than 2 decades ago they were nearly all trash and the genre was the laughing stock of Hollywood, we have come such a long way.

They are bound to be a few The Marvels and Quantumanias every year with so much product being released. 

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 7

Honestly I have no idea who most of these negative reviewers are nor have seen a reaction from them before here.

We'll see. I don't think this goes lower than 70%.

If it goes rotten, the movie will still make a lot of money in its opening and we'll have to see how audiences react to it. 

11 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

It does cheapen Logan's conclusion, but I think the real reason Hugh did it is because he had a bunch of flops like Reminisence and The Son, he needed a big hit to recover, so he decided to step on his pride and promises, took a big paycheck and put on clown costume once more.

bingo. this movie would not be happening if Jackman had enjoyed a great post Logan career 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Mmm. GotG3 and BP2 were well recieved and did pretty well.

whenever people panic after media reaction and reviews

It's my fun.

I think that the MCU is no longer as strong as it once was and we have to accept it. sometimes we will have great products sometimes not. People will be more severe about super hero movies from now on(We already know)

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

bingo. this movie would not be happening if Jackman had enjoyed a great post Logan career 

I mean he had Les Mis and Greatest Showman which werent X Men related at all.

Anyways, maybe the majority of reviews are still going to be the positive ones, but just for my own sanity when the embargo drops I'll just log off for two hours.

IDK I think Hugh is being legit when he says he wanted to come back because he wanted to do one with Ryan, and Levy being involved was a boost.

Would I have liked Logan to be the last time? Yeah. But I won't begrudge a guy for wanting to play a role he loves again with his buds and get paid well for it. And from the sounds of it, his performance has been consistently praised.

Also let's face it he was likely gonna come back anyways for Secret Wars.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

whenever people panic after media reaction and reviews

It's my fun.

I think that the mega budget superhero movies are no longer as strong as it once was and we have to accept it. sometimes we will have great products sometimes not. People will be more severe about super hero movies from now on(We already know)

Fixed that for you. Though, some will still be huge when enough stuff falls into place.