kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

85% on RT after about 60 reviews. 50 positive and 9 negative

Holy shit?! Perhaps we’re not Deadpoolver after all.

54 on MC with 30 reviews, should drop more, mediocre reviews from more serious critics 

Seems fine enough on RT, i doubt it’ll hold in the 80’s but should settle very well in the 70’s like MOM. Fine enough reviews if you don’t expect this things to get 90% for no reason.

• Like 1

"Deadpool & Wolverine doesn’t flinch from speaking some measure of truth to power."

what the fuck does that actually mean? and they wonder why people only look at the score and not read the actual review

• Like 1

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

54 on MC with 30 reviews, should drop more, mediocre reviews from more serious critics 

Seems fine enough on RT, i doubt it’ll hold in the 80’s but should settle very well in the 70’s like MOM. Fine enough reviews if you don’t expect this things to get 90% for no reason.

Yeah 75-80% seems perfectly fine for a sequel to films that never went higher than 85%

Just now, blazera said:

I am having a great time seeing you try to make this score look worse than it is.

you must be really miserable right now haha

Moderation

Yeah, we're not doing this. Please don't start a fight with other users.

Metacritic (55) is in the same general range as The Marvels (50), Quantumania (48), Love and Thunder (57), and Eternals (52) and unlikely to change much now after 35 reviews. Maybe it can get as high as Multiverse of Madness (60) if things turn for the better.

1 minute ago, belblazer said:

The C+, B- and B reviews as freshs 💀 I hate this omg

I mean...those are good grades? Like they are almost always considered fresh by Rotten Tomatoes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The more serious ones seem to be up. Ehrlich gave it a C+ and fresh.

Consensus seems to be "not the best but generally enjoyable, plots a bit convoluted". Hardly the "worst of the year" type stuff from social media reactions, at least so far.

I think the biggest problem still is that no movie has given people a new hook to keep people interested in the future of the franchise. Closest one was probably Shang-Chi but the guy hasn’t appeared in a single one like 10 movies later.

• Like 4