kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

3 minutes ago, belblazer said:

The C+, B- and B reviews as freshs 💀 I hate this omg

This just puts you in the realm of folk who don’t know how RT works. It’s binary. It’s focus is on “is this bad” and nothing else.

One thing I think we can *ALL* agree on:

Rotten Tomatoes is *REALLY* rotten in the first hour-plus of a major release.

Like, it's been years with their server troubles.  Hire some IT folks who specialize in managing spikes in traffic, or sumthin'.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, blazera said:

I am having a great time seeing you try to make this score look worse than it is.

you must be really miserable right now haha

Make what look worse than it is? I'm literally posting the updates from MC, and I already have my tickets booked for the film. I highly suggest developing a thicker skin because you seem very easily triggered. A snowflake through and through.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I think the biggest problem still is that no movie has given people a new hook to keep people interested in the future of the franchise. Closest one was probably Shang-Chi but the guy hasn’t appeared in a single one like 10 movies later.

That's why F4 and X-Men are pivotal. If they mess them up it's over.

3 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

Yeah 75-80% seems perfectly fine for a sequel to films that never went higher than 85%

To be fair the reviews is fairly mixed to bad, at least the more relevant ones. 

It’s just the influencers doing heavy lifting to save it, Marvel is really lucky with this group, they just need to deliver whatever they want and they will avoid awful scores on RT. 

But yeah it doesn’t looks like a problem to me, i don’t think the audiences will reject it.

6 minutes ago, Eric Twister said:

The influencers. They have so much...what's the word I'm looking for?

Views of these newer social media centric reviewers align more with the GA than the legacy older news paper critics. And we will continue to see this more and more as time passes. I don't see that necessarily as a problem. And these newer critics would have grown up in the 2000's and 2010 decades and would have grown up consuming these type of movies so somewhat of an inherent bias towards these kinds of movies is expected. I do hope that RT does not overindulge and give everyone with a podcast/blog/youtube channel a critics tag though

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

One thing I think we can *ALL* agree on:

Rotten Tomatoes is *REALLY* rotten in the first hour-plus of a major release.

Like, it's been years with their server troubles.  Hire some IT folks who specialize in managing spikes in traffic, or sumthin'.

They don't care. They get more ads from this. And as long as they're considered the most "authoritative" aggregator people are gonna keep coming back every time an embargo lifts however bad their servers are.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

So 5th lowest of all MCU movies on MetaCritic so far. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be a surprise dub for this.

Already with 4 negative reviews there, the same as MoM. Love and Thunder and Eternals had 5 and Quantumania 9.

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

To be fair the reviews is fairly mixed to bad, at least the more relevant ones. 

It’s just the influencers doing heavy lifting to save it, Marvel is really lucky with this group, they just need to deliver whatever they want and they will avoid awful scores on RT. 

But yeah it doesn’t looks like a problem to me, i don’t think the audiences will reject it.

That's true, I guess my point was it probably wont completely tank it's opening weekend, at least not among the likes of Multiverse of Madness and Quantumania

Edited by Skim Beeble
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

54 on MC with 30 reviews, should drop more, mediocre reviews from more serious critics 

Seems fine enough on RT, i doubt it’ll hold in the 80’s but should settle very well in the 70’s like MOM. Fine enough reviews if you don’t expect this things to get 90% for no reason.

Shawn Levy:

I didn’t make this movie for the serious critics. I made this movie for the lightly corrupt and entirely shameless influencers. Mission accomplished!

• Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Some of these influencers inflate their reactions just so they can see their names and quotes being marketed in TV spots. Integrity, be damned!

Lol. Leave this thread if you're only here foe the possibility of it flopping. 

Not everyone is a pretentious snob and can get into different genres with different expectations. If that makes you mad...it makes me happy.

1 minute ago, MisterLibby said:

Shawn Levy:

I didn’t make this movie for the serious critics. I made this movie for the lightly corrupt and entirely shameless influencers. Mission accomplished!

I wouldn’t be shocked if a variation of this dialogue did happen backstage at some point lol 

• Like 1

the people trying to make the score worse than it is vs the people trying to make the score better than it is as if we aren’t talking about a Deadpool movie where the past films have been in the 80s on RT and mid 60s on MC. Seems this one will do slightly worse but hardly the “worst movie of the year” or the “best movie of the year” either. Based on the reviews, sounds like it’s a highly entertaining film and if you’re a fan of the characters/previous movies then you’ll like it which should bode well for the box office. Not sure what the problem is. 

• Like 1