kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Rob is Deadpool & Wolverine’s music composer. I really love how everyone working on this film seems incredibly passionate about this film, this crew and everything in between. As far as I’m concerned Deadpool joined Captain America, Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy as the perfect trilogies of the MCU. When you look to these films together you can tell that there is a theme going there throughout the three films that I strongly believe Reynolds, Reese and Wernick thought through this trilogy and I feel very strongly that there are already hints where it may go next.

I have a theory that something will happen in the next time we see Deadpool as a feature film and fans might be pissed off, but I think that’s an interesting arc for Wade. All I’m saying is that I strongly believe that Wade is the anti-Tony Stark. I won’t go any further for now.

Refresh for latest…: Deadpool & Wolverine has officially crossed the $1B global box office milestone this weekend, with $1.029B+ through Sunday. The international box office portion of the Marvel/Disney marvel is $535.2M and domestic is $494.3M, adding up to a total $1,029.5M

In reaching and surpassing the coveted milestone, the Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman-fronted threequel becomes only the second U.S. R-rated movie ever to get there — after 2019’s Joker. Deadpool & Wolverine is due to surpass Joker’s $1.079B gross by the end of this week, becoming the biggest R-rated movie of all time globally, and adding to its list of records. D&W reached $1B faster than Joker, though the latter film did not have a China release. This is also Disney’s second billion-dollar grosser this year after Inside Out 2, as well as only the second movie of 2024 to the post. 

With D&W and IO2, Disney continues to be the only studio ever to have back-to-back $1B releases in a year. In total, 55 industry titles have passed the $1B threshold with Disney home to 31 of them (including three Fox titles). The Marvel Cinematic Universe has 11 (including two at Sony).  

11 minutes ago, The Dark Samurai said:

It's kind of incredible that after 34 MCU films, there's a very good chance the two highest grossing non-Avengers films will be Spider-Man: No Way Home and Deadpool & Wolverine. 

Can you guess what both of those movies have in common? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Dark Samurai said:

It's kind of incredible that after 34 MCU films, there's a very good chance the two highest grossing non-Avengers films will be Spider-Man: No Way Home and Deadpool & Wolverine. 

Black panther and iron man 3 ? 

18 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

DPW will make more than Black Panther WW

18 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

DPW will make more than Black Panther WW

Yep we kind of forget OS audiences did not go crazy for Black Panther.

9 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It needs 1.348 to outdo BP not 1.4. But anyways no not 1.4 but pretty close, probably like 1.375.

I was looking at Mojo and it said the worldwide total for BP was 1.375. Although, there was a re-release in 2020 and it allegedly made 27M for that re-release in Australia. I have to imagine that number is an error.

Edited by Jay Beezy