kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

I was not expecting them to post this on their page after all the free stuff Marvel has given them!

Feige even made a special video just for this page. They could have more gratitude. On the other hand, shows the page is really independent.  

Edited by leoh
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

RT is pretty mediocre too tbh. will finish with low 70s which would be around MoM

MoM was killed because they hyped it up as this mega event film with all these cameos but didn't really deliver on that front. False hope killed that film more than the actual storyline did.

If Deadpool does deliver on the cameos, I think the audience will surely enjoy it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

MoM was killed because they hyped it up as this mega event film with all these cameos but didn't really deliver on that front. False hope killed that film more than the actual storyline did.

If Deadpool does deliver on the cameos, I think the audience will surely enjoy it. 

The Camoes is delivered on

4 minutes ago, leoh said:

I was not expecting them to post this on their page after all the free stuff Marvel has given them!

Feige even made a special video just for this page. They could have more gratitude. On the other hand, shows the page is really independent.  

The  Webpager Runner remember how Harry Knowles was basically ruined when  it came out a studio could buy a good review or prublicty at Ain't It Cool News by giving Harry enough "presents" He never recovered from that.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

The  Webpager Runner remember how Harry Knowles was basically ruined when  it came out a studio could buy a good review or prublicty at Ain't It Cool News by giving Harry enough "presents" He never recovered from that.

Well, that and the sexual assault allegations... those didn't help I reckon.

79% through 120ish reviews for an R-rated violent comedy threequel that also ties in to two separate cinematic universes.... is fine. Not sure why everyone's overreacting in the negative. It's not like this is the difference between a C+ and a B on a report card. I'd be surprised if this dips below 75%... also wouldn't be surprised if the review ratio trends more positive over the coming days after the legacy critics all get their words in and the fan blogs start posting more (not passing judgement on the quality of blog reviews, just acknowledging how RT works these days)

The first Deadpool has "only" 85%. Why are anyone surprised this is in the high 70´s. Vol 3 was literally the same (before it went up). Reading through the last pages you would think it has 2%. Reading think pieces and conclusions from people who haven´t even seen this movie yet.  Embarrassing behavior. 

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

God, so much is wrong with that.

You leave out quality. The Deadpool movies and ths Second Suicide Squad movie are a lot better then the Venom movies.

And I don't think that " juggalos, bikers and juvenile delinquents" alone can generate the kind of box office the Deadpool movies have.

I was half joking but my overall point is that some adult oriented comic book movies appeal to a crowd that doesn't care about critics.

20 minutes ago, leoh said:

When did Discussing Film turn into a clickbait rag? Or was it always that?

Or do they report every film's Metacritic score when reviews drop?

3 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

The first Deadpool has "only" 85%. Why are anyone surprised this is in the high 70´s. Vol 3 was literally the same (before it went up). Reading through the last pages you would think it has 2%. Reading think pieces and conclusions from people who haven´t even seen this movie yet.  Embarrassing behavior. 

Just let it go this thing about RT... you will live better 💅🏻

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Just let it go this thing about RT... you will live better 💅🏻

I couldn´t give two shits about it, but when it makes the whole thread whatever those pages was, it becomes annoying.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

This seems dumb on the part of Luiz Fernando. Not considering this could be a crique of blockbusters altogether

All $200m+ movies exist to make money. I'm sure this movie has problems, haven't seen it yet, but this is such a lazy critique.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I picked reviews that appeared on my timeline that hadn't already been posted here, which included very positive ones like Perri Nemiroff. But also indeed a lot of negatives from the "proper" film critics, which makes sense since those are the ones I follow. Tf do you mean "cherry picked", everything gets posted here eventually - just hopefully not twice. At no point did I predict or estimate where the consensus with All Critics would land. I did however agree earlier that the divide with Top Critics would be very noticeable... and it is.

Posting only the "proper" film critics (half of them just terminally online film bros bloggers) that you follow on Twitter is cherry picking.

6 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

I couldn´t give two shits about it, but when it makes the whole thread whatever those pages was, it becomes annoying.

I cannot change that.

i fought for years... 

maybe one day 😂

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, leoh said:

Though know what they are doing with that tweet. It's engagment/rage bait. Never seen them post the Metacritic score for any movie until now lol. Also one of the "workers" of DiscussingFilm hates the MCU. The rest of them are chill with it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cannastop said:

This seems dumb on the part of Luiz Fernando. Not considering this could be a crique of blockbusters altogether

These box office nerds who acts like if they´re some executive is so stupid 

Yes, head executives and studios make movies because they want money, nothing more. Artists don´t make movies just for money, and the audience doesn´t watch movies because of a money they don´t own, they watch for the movie. 

Is perfectly normal to complain that a movie seems soulless as a critique, if you feel the artistic value isn´t there. Just because studios doesn´t make them as charity doesn´t mean we all have to shut up about it.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 3