kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

3 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Just to put the OS numbers in perspective.

It’s going to open bigger than Vol 3 than almost every market expect from a few ones like SK. Vol 3 did 170M. 

I assumed the question and comments were just about going lower than early forecasts? Cause obviously the numbers are good as fuck in a vacuum, the film will very likely cross 1b and even if it somehow doesn't it'll still be a resounding success so there isn't really much of a spin to apply here

10 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

These posts from the critics who hated this movie's guts, if anything, make me even more interested in the movie than I already was before. Like, in a world where the likes of Morbius and Madame Web exist, why is Deadpool 3 getting this much vitriol from a particular crowd? There's no way in hell the latter is worse than the two pieces of utter shit from Sony. There's just no way.

The haters are just being extra loud for this movie for some reason. Probably because Deadpool is going to be a huge hit.

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

even if it somehow doesn't it'll still be a resounding success so there isn't really much of a spin to apply here

I'm absolutely confident not grossing a billion would be considered a disappointment for Disney after everything they bet on it, all the hype and desperate aggressive marketing. This thing exists to make over a billion.

900+ m IS still a success for an r rated movie only the current best picture winner and joker grossed more it was never gonna Make barbie or inside out 2 numbers

1 minute ago, exomassey said:

It needs them joker legs.

I’m betting it gets between 900-1 bill, gonna miss out I feel 

I feel like it is gonna outgross Oppenheimer or be close to it 

13 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

I'm absolutely confident not grossing a billion would be considered a disappointment for Disney after everything they bet on it, all the hype and desperate aggressive marketing. This thing exists to make over a billion.

I think if they were hoping on this being a NWH moment for deadpool, that is clearly not happening (and NWH didn't even have China). Going by the social media engagement, right from the very early days, the excitement was through the roof, if after all that the outcome is similar to a MOM type of situation, they won't be very happy -  imagine what's going to happen to the three MCU outputs next year (nowhere near the excitement compared to this). 

D&W's financial success was never in doubt. 

GUYS WHAT A MOVIE 

I haven't had a theater vibrating like this since NWH, and even in NWH they haven't had as many laughs as this, got me emotional at the end of the movie, really didn't expect that the end of a final battle from a Deadpool movie would thrill me like that one day but here we are hahaha

I was very apprehensive about Shawn Levy's direction (I don't like his movies until this one) so I was very skeptical and thought that his direction would be very mediocre tbh, but he prove me wrong, the direction is great, and the fight scenes are very good and very well choreographed, bet Ryan got credits in that aspect of the movie

Another fear is that the cameos were Multiverse of Madness level, and THANK GOD they weren't, they served the purpose of the movie well 

I'll rewatch it this Saturday with some friends who also liked the movie a lot, I hope you guys also have fun with the movie, because I had a blast with this one. 

Edited by Welcbr12
  • Like 4
  • Heart 1

Some of the people who were super negative are very Not Mad Online that their opinions are not the overall consensus and that it doesn't seem to have moved the needle with audiences. If (or, probably, when) this hits a billion it's gonna be a lot of op eds I think.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

To be clear we've now gone to "if it makes 950 million it's a failure". Never change BOT

Yeah 950 million suddenly isn't good enough for a Deadpool movie. :P

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

I think if they were hoping on this being a NWH moment for deadpool, that is clearly not happening (and NWH didn't even have China). Going by the social media engagement, right from the very early days, the excitement was through the roof, if after all that the outcome is similar to a MOM type of situation, they won't be very happy -  imagine what's going to happen to the three MCU outputs next year (nowhere near the excitement compared to this). 

D&W's financial success was never in doubt. 

I think logistically it was a never a possibility for this movie to perform similarly to PG13 Spider Man 

That said, i do think it’ll do a billion quite easily, just a bit more DOM heavy than some other MCU billion movies.

I really like this French review

'The MCU is becoming more and more like a self-centered cinematic construct, aimed solely at die-hard fans. The best jokes are undoubtedly those - brilliantly meta - that refer to current superheroic events... but here again, we're talking to a niche within a niche. After the midnight showings, it's a safe bet that some of these winks will go completely over the public's head. (Does your family know 'Kevin'?) The film pushes cynicism to the limit by joking about the quality of the Multiverse Saga... while at the same time contributing to the problem, with a plot that barely holds together.'

• Like 1

Off a $400M opening, how is Deadpool going to miss $1B? It won't have disastrous WOM like MoM and it won't have a 35 day window like MoM before they dump it on Disney+

It also has China which could add $50M+

People have to remember MoM had a comically short exclusive theatrical window. 

Edited by TheFlatLannister
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Off a $400M opening, how is Deadpool going to miss $1B? It won't have disastrous WOM like MoM and it won't have a 35 day window like MoM before they dump it on Disney+

It also has China which could add $50M+

People have to remember MoM had a comically short exclusive theatrical window. 

China is a part of that $400 mil OW. Also theatrical windows don’t really matter. MoM would’ve made the same amount of money if it released on home video a year later.

Edited by lorddemaxus

2 hours ago, exomassey said:

It needs them joker legs.

I’m betting it gets between 900-1 bill, gonna miss out I feel 

It does not need "Joker Legs", it just needs >2.3x multiplier off it's WW OW (likely to be around $430m).

Even Thor 4 did that with terribly WOM. I don't know why everyone is acting like $1b would be a herculean endeavor or impossible. It's very likely.

Edited by Bob Train