kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

I watched part of X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE this week, and it's crazy to think that Fox had Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool way back in 2009 but was too stupid/afraid to put him in the suit or go full-on Merc With a Mouth. I know it gets brought up often - but not often enough! - that they were sitting on a literal box office goldmine but instead sewed his mouth shut! The cinematic history of this character/actor is unique and mighty fascinating!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mad Max007 said:

This passed $500M domestic already. Imagine people believing that 2 months ago lol.

Imagine people thinking they will recast Ryan and Hugh post Secret Wars...lol

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Imagine people thinking they will recast Ryan and Hugh post Secret Wars...lol

Reynolds might stick around a little longer, but Jackman will be pushing 60 after Secret Wars... and despite the "he'll be playing Wolverine til he's 90" line, he won't be able to get into the amazing shape he was in for D&W forever. I guess they could use video trickery/AI to do the heavy lifting, though... IF Jackman wants to keep playing Logan til he's 90!

8 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Hugh is defo sticking around, him and Feige are old buddies. Ryan too easily.

Also Disney shareholders says so....Huge can do another 10 plus years...see Stalone, Liam Neeson, Keaton...The Wolverine Mask will get more screentime and less shirtless scenes

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John Harris said:

Reynolds might stick around a little longer, but Jackman will be pushing 60 after Secret Wars... and despite the "he'll be playing Wolverine til he's 90" line, he won't be able to get into the amazing shape he was in for D&W forever. I guess they could use video trickery/AI to do the heavy lifting, though... IF Jackman wants to keep playing Logan til he's 90!

Anything is possible with steroids on your side. 

16 hours ago, Mad Max007 said:

This passed $500M domestic already. Imagine people believing that 2 months ago lol.

I always believed that, i mean it wasn't that big of a deal. 

200+ weekend and 500+ was always my thinking. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Feige considers Hugh Jackman irreplaceable, the same way he seems to consider actors like Willem Dafoe and J.K. Simmons to be irreplaceable. 

Edit: Then again, BNW is supposed to introduce Adamantium to the MCU, so who knows? 

Edited by WittyUsername

25 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Feige considers Hugh Jackman irreplaceable, the same way he seems to consider actors like Willem Dafoe and J.K. Simmons to be irreplaceable. 

Edit: Then again, BNW is supposed to introduce Adamantium to the MCU, so who knows? 

MCU’s Wolverine is definitely coming, one hundred percent. I love Hugh and I truly want him to do this until he’s 90, but a new version of Logan is definitely coming into the MCU. There is an insane amount of groundwork already done for that that is going under the radar to a lot of people, and no I don’t mean Adamantium extraction from Tiamut or the She-Hulk’s Easter egg.

Hugh is irreplaceable and a new Wolverine is still coming, imho. Old Man Logan is a thing.

On 7/25/2024 at 7:49 PM, SpiderByte said:

For whatever it's worth, no 200 opener has ever done under 620 dom

On 7/25/2024 at 7:50 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

And as Deadpool says:

"Rules are meant to be broken"

Nevermind, rules are not meant to be broken

Congrats, @SpiderByte, I doubted $620M+ DOM for DPW but it turns out you were completely correct

Edited by HummingLemon496

Any film making $600M+ DOM is still a great and huge achievement, IMO. There’s no such a thing as a $600M+ domestic underperformer, or even a flop for that matter. 🙆🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️

And with Deadpool & Wolverine getting there, it’s still a pretty impressive number to reach.

Endgame doing 625 would have been a pretty big underperformance. Probably was a small one for TLJ, would be for Secret Wars. That’s kind of it yea, still a big big milestone to hit — although it is becoming more of one or two a year than one every few years:

2024 — 2

2023 — 1

2022 — 2

2021 — 1

2019 — 1 

2018  — 3

2017 — 1

2016 — 0

2015 — 2

2014 — 0

2013 — 0

2012 — 1