kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

35 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If this blasts to like 165+ that adds more question to why GOTG 3 opened so low

GOTG3 did not have a rush factor to it like DS2, NWH etc 

Black Panther is a domestic phenomenon so that doesn't count and Love and Thunder featured the last of the MCU's big 3

Edited by TheFlatLannister

29 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

GOTG3 did not have a rush factor to it like DS2, NWH etc 

Black Panther is a domestic phenomenon so that doesn't count and Love and Thunder featured the last of the MCU's big 3

GOTG opened low because of DS2, Thor 4 and Quantumania. Those three movies did a LOT of ganking.

As Legion Again says, it would've been an easy $175M+ in May 2022

Love and Thunder was the sequel to a $122M opener and it opened to $144M in July 2022 with BAD reception

meanwhile GOTG 3 was the sequel to a $146M opener with GREAT reception (A) yet it only opened to $118M in May 2023

That just shows how much damage Thor 4 + Ant-Man 3 alone did. I'm convinced GOTG 3 would've opened like MoM or WF as late as July 2022.

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

GotG 3 did have the fourth biggest OW of last year, and ATSV only narrowly beat it out. 

Which is meh compared to what it done if DS2/Thor 4/Ant-Man 3 hadn't damaged the brand

It should've been #1, $162M is an easy number to beat both DS2 and BP2 cleared it

This comment from @Legion Again sums it up well:

It was a horrible opening for gotg3. Quantumania ganked it and perhaps the entire franchise (with assist from Multiverse of Madness and L&T of course).

Yeah absolutely fine, great even, for SV2.

23 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Which is meh compared to what it done if DS2/Thor 4/Ant-Man 3 hadn't damaged the brand

It should've been #1, $162M is an easy number to beat both DS2 and BP2 cleared it

This comment from @Legion Again sums it up well:

It was a horrible opening for gotg3. Quantumania ganked it and perhaps the entire franchise (with assist from Multiverse of Madness and L&T of course).

Yeah absolutely fine, great even, for SV2.

Oh my God we get it already you think Guardians opened poorly you've only said it fifty billion times 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Oh my God we get it already you think Guardians opened poorly you've only said it fifty billion times 

Legion's been mentioned more times than he's actually posted in this thread. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

It's because even if he overpredicts something he'll admit that the numbers are bad or that it underperformed instead of backtracking and going "well these bad numbers are actually good because of x, y, and z", instead he'll phrase it like "well x, y, and z are why this is having bad numbers"

(and vice versa)

4 hours ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

HummingLemon is Legion's strongest soldier lmao, nearly every post gassing him up.

(In this case correctly so though as GOTG3 did open quite poorly)

HummingLemon should take up a career as a hypeman, can be the next Lil jon

• Haha 3

On 2/11/2024 at 4:32 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

We need the prophet @Legion Again to give his prediction for this

On 2/11/2024 at 9:42 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

No, that's u/Sliver__Legion or @Legion Again

Everything he says is the truth ;)

It’s true, every word from my keyboard is pure unadulterated facts of the future

Spoiler

In a, you know, multiversal sense :ph34r:

Anyway from 2012 to 2019 it was was hard to go wrong betting on the MCU, but from 2022 through 2023 it’s more like hard to go wrong betting against the MCU, so… I’m torn on this one. If they all released in an environment of equal franchise health, pretty confident this would be the 2nd biggest post Infinity Saga after NWH, with maybe 250/600/1.3B or whatever.   

As is, not really feeling confident it can match MoM/BP2 kind of nums. The trailer was eh for me, needed more kick (prolly wolverine), though the title suggests that will be coming. Extreme concerns about quality given heavy TVA involvement.   

I’ll throw out like 140/350/750 with some room for upside if the product delivers

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

HummingLemon is Legion's strongest soldier lmao, nearly every post gassing him up.

(In this case correctly so though as GOTG3 did open quite poorly)

I wish I had a hype man…though maybe not as aggressive

• Haha 1

I’m not really quite sure how that even happened tbh. I do think I’m usually pretty solid (shocking 😛 ) when I really pay attention to a movie’s data but I’ve only done that a handful of times in the past 2 years or so :hahaha: