kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

This is a super politic way of saying "it'll make a billion" since with MOM and Guardians 3 at 900 and 800+ each that's really the only thing Marvel hasn't done since 2019 (No Way Home made a lot but I believe Sony still makes the lions share of that money)

50 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

This is a super politic way of saying "it'll make a billion" since with MOM and Guardians 3 at 900 and 800+ each that's really the only thing Marvel hasn't done since 2019 (No Way Home made a lot but I believe Sony still makes the lions share of that money)

Iger is crazy, no way it beats Multiverse of Madness worldwide

Multiverse of Madness (May 2022) was still during the peak of Marvel hype. . .that's how a solo Doctor Strange movie almost opened higher than an Avengers movie

Edited by HummingLemon496

22 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Multiverse of Madness (May 2022) was still during the peak of Marvel hype. . .that's how a solo Doctor Strange movie almost opened higher than an Avengers movie

Oh I'm firmly on board it being bigger than Joker. And so far I have not seen much to dissuade me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Keep calm!

is not easy but D&W should rech 1B if its great

15 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

75/25 split I believe (the deal nearly fell apart because Disney pushed hard for 50/50)

46 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

75/25 split I believe (the deal nearly fell apart because Disney pushed hard for 50/50)

Even so, despite how much money they made on Spidey I'm sure Disney would really like a billion hit for Marvel that's entirely on their side of the fence. Good news is that unless reviews are just venomous they have a very solid shot at getting one. Lots of hype, not a ton of direct competition around it's release, and this is all the buzz they've gotten where they didn't turn on the gas for Wolverine in the promotions yet. With a little extra Swiftie push I see big things in the future.

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

It's going to be very funny when people backtrack on this with their constant "MCU is down" comments. 

This being a success wouldn’t be likely to change the narrative all that much. 

2 hours ago, TMP said:

A shawn levy movie is not gonna have the quality needed to propel this to a billion lol

Idk, I think his movies suck but they are generally well-liked enough for me to believe this will probably have good audience reception and legs.

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Idk, I think his movies suck but they are generally well-liked enough for me to believe this will probably have good audience reception and legs.

I think there's a recent shift in movie-going where people will only see something if it's seen as exceptional. I just... don't know if adding Wolverine and a bunch of cameos from shitty movies no-one outside of reddit remembers is gonna be enough to overcome that fact.