kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

7 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

*I posted the Reddit one because when I clicked on the Twitter link it said that the post was deleted

So is Jat saying this doesn't include TV because it wouldn't make conceptual sense to given the numbers you can find for various social media sites or is this private information for some of these social media sites (I read it as the former)?

Disney's press release doesn't explain anything so I think it's easily plausible the trades writer just misinterpreted it (though I'd have thought Disney would have wanted them to correct it given excluding TV is more impressive).

• Thanks 1

I think it's obvious Disney meant the the views were inflated due to the Super Bowl, not that they are actually counting every Super Bowl viewer as having watched the trailer. Because that doesn't even make sense, it was a seperate tv spot that played during the game, not even the full thing. 

• Like 5

On 2/15/2024 at 2:21 AM, HummingLemon496 said:

*I posted the Reddit one because when I clicked on the Twitter link it said that the post was deleted

r/boxoffice still seems determined to rationalize this away.
I'm not sure if it'll make a billion (if we were in the pre-endgame days, it'd be a possibility) but the outright dismissal is weird
I think 800m is a good guess for now

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 8:11 AM, Legion Again said:

It’s true, every word from my keyboard is pure unadulterated facts of the future

Ik this is sarcasm and all but when I say that "everything Legion says is the truth", I am not saying that literally every single prediction you make is gonna come true (Mario $500M WW, Marvels > Barbie, JWD $200M OW, etc). 

It's kinda hard to explain but I'm saying that the crux of everything you say has some level of inherent truth and validity to it. Basically if you say "this MCU movie should do $200M OW" and then it misses (DS2, BP2, GOTG 3), that means it underperformed and something went wrong. So we can basically use all of your predictions as a benchmark for what something should have done. 

But I also think everything you say in your retrospective analysis (so like talking about the performances of run that's already ended) is literally the definitive truth. It's all 100% honest. When a result underperforms you completely admit it instead of backtracking and saying "well this result is actually good because xyz." 

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Ik this is sarcasm and all but when I say that "everything Legion says is the truth", I am not saying that literally every single prediction you make is gonna come true (Mario $500M WW, Marvels > Barbie, JWD $200M OW, etc). 

It's kinda hard to explain but I'm saying that the crux of everything you say has some level of inherent truth and validity to it. Basically if you say "this MCU movie should do $200M OW" and then it misses (DS2, BP2, GOTG 3), that means it underperformed and something went wrong. So we can basically use all of your predictions as a benchmark for what something should have done. 

But I also think everything you say in your retrospective analysis (so like talking about the performances of run that's already ended) is literally the definitive truth. It's all 100% honest. When a result underperforms you completely admit it instead of backtracking and saying "well this result is actually good because xyz." 

The Gods must be Crazy (1980)

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2024 at 8:21 AM, Hatebox said:

Still salty that jackman sold out and didn’t let Logan be his last wolverine appearance. 

there are dozens of us!

I'm sure he only did it as a favor to Ryan.

52 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I'm sure he only did it as a favor to Ryan.

Didn’t Ryan Reynolds mention that Jackman was the one who approached them about being in DP3? He’s made it no secret long before the Fox buyout that he wanted to be in the MCU. 

Besides, he was in Movie 43. In terms of selling out, you can’t go any lower than that. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

New trailer already en route! Guess the gas is starting on this.

This might actually just be a green-band version of the trailer that's already out, notice that the website doesn't have the original trailer even rated at all. Still, might be some new alternate jokes/shots to replace the raunchier stuff.

Whoops, had to click the drop-down. I still stand by my theory of an additional cut-down trailer for theaters, though. Maybe some sort of promo thing, those often get thrown into these rating sites as well.

Edited by misterpepp

On 2/19/2024 at 10:21 PM, WittyUsername said:

Didn’t Ryan Reynolds mention that Jackman was the one who approached them about being in DP3? He’s made it no secret long before the Fox buyout that he wanted to be in the MCU. 

Besides, he was in Movie 43. In terms of selling out, you can’t go any lower than that. 

Half Hollywood was in that movie, so you can't blame Hugh for that

On 2/20/2024 at 9:51 AM, WittyUsername said:

Also, man's idea of an Oscar vehicle is The Greatest Showman. Love the guy, but let's be real lol

23 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Also, man's idea of an Oscar vehicle is The Greatest Showman. Love the guy, but let's be real lol

Tbh, musicals have given him his best chances for Oscars (TGS, Les mis), it's where he shines the most