kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

don't see how that's "superhero fatigue" and not just the game not being very good.

Right, that's the point. People who hated live-service saw the shit Suicide Squad was getting and celebrated, but Helldivers 2 came out and showed live-service is still alive and well.

And that's how Deadpool is going to be, I think. The general audience is going to eat this film up. And the folks claiming superhero films are dead will be disappointed. (Barring any terrible marketing before release)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

$140M/$365M 

$815M WW

Purely based on the teaser and expecting solid reviews. 

This not trending on twitter is a worrying sign though. Maybe the general public doesn't care anymore about mcu. I don't know. Let's see what the view count on trailers will be worldwide. 

The next trailer has to be awesome for me to bump predictions. 

The trailer is trending #1 on YouTube over the Super Bowl highlights. There’s definitely GA interaction 

38 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

The Flash was supposed to be one of the biggest movies ever if you believed the internet metrics last year. Movie going and film discussions have completely changed post pandemic, it's about time people accept it.

The Flash had an unlikeable child molester as its lead

• Like 4

i like the first 2, especially the 2nd one. Both are juvenile, yeah, but they're rooted in a genuine sincerity that is usually lacking from this type of movie. The 2nd one is really sweet and surprisingly emotional. Ryan truly cares which cannot be said 98% of the rest of his filmography

but i felt nothing from the trailer

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

yeah I am sure the performances of an Ezra Miller Flash movie and The Marvels which looked like ICarly with superheroes is going to be a sign of how a Deadpool and Wolverine movie will do

Exactly lol. D&W won't be impacted by flops and it won't impact movies coming after it. I still remember laughable cope that GOTG3 success would reverse the curse and boost The Marvels (some even expected Loki Season 2 finale to the same same). We saw how that turned out. This will be a standalone event like NWH but likely not nearly that big. 

3 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I don't think trailer views have any particular meaning in 2024 anymore.
Look at Barbie, it didn't even reach 30 million views on YouTube and yet it was an incredible success

I think it matters more how much we talk about it and the hype in general the months before

Opphenaimer has more views than SuperMario and yet the latter has grossed more at the box office.
and both were incredible successes

This. Views don't say where a movie will land on the success scale or whether it will succeed at all. I've no doubt this will be big - iconic popular characters teamup what's not to like? - but didn't The Marvels have decent trailer views that didn't point at the most epic bomb in decades about to detonate? 

Also, twitter is not GA so lack of trending means zilch.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Good news it’s still just Deadpool but the TVA worries me (least its all played for fun, is it just me or this an alternative TVA?) - I think they’re going to be parodying this type of cross over film.

maybe an unpopular opinion? I hate the name. Calling it Deadpool & Wolverine is a bad option when it should just be DP3.

2 hours ago, Sckathian said:

maybe an unpopular opinion? I hate the name. Calling it Deadpool & Wolverine is a bad option when it should just be DP3.

I agree that Deadpool & Wolverine is a freaking generic name, BUT it's the best one at the same time for promotional reasons.

Calling it DP3 would basically be telling this is just another Deadpool movie, which clearly this isn't. The studio is really selling this movie as another event movie. I think it's better this way by putting Wolvie in the mix.

44 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I agree that Deadpool & Wolverine is a freaking generic name, BUT it's the best one at the same time for promotional reasons.

Calling it DP3 would basically be telling this is just another Deadpool movie, which clearly this isn't. The studio is really selling this movie as another event movie. I think it's better this way by putting Wolvie in the mix.

But why is putting Wolverine’s name in the title necessary for that? No Way Home was a very vague title, but it still generated an insane amount of hype. I just don’t like this notion that moviegoers are complete morons who wouldn’t be able to tell that Wolverine is in this movie from the trailers and posters. 

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

But why is putting Wolverine’s name in the title necessary for that? No Way Home was a very vague title, but it still generated an insane amount of hype. I just don’t like this notion that moviegoers are complete morons who wouldn’t be able to tell that Wolverine is in this movie from the trailers and posters. 

NWH is another beast my friend

Its Spiderman. Tobey return... its a different monster

• Like 2

Look at the views from just Ryan and Hugh social media accounts. Calling it Deadpool and Wolverine is a no brainer. Deadpool and Wolverine joining the MCU? That gains tractions. MCU really needs a W after the disaster run for The Marvels so generic title is def the way to go. They don´t have the juice anymore to go with something more fun.

I really wonder where this will end up? The numbers on Insta are very strong, over 80M+ views across Marvel, Ryan, Hugh and the Deadpool account. 26M from Marvel and Ryans YT account combined. Facebook is strong and the likes and engagement on Elon´s hell hole with Ryan, Hugh and Discussingfilms account is destroying anything related to CBM since Wakanda Forever. Without a doubt this has a potential to be a huge event movie, not NWH levels or anything but people seem hyped for this.

What are people thinking here? Can it go 700M+ or higher given the downturn the last years with the MCU but also the genre? The calender for it is favourable but the big question is if it´s a Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 3 quality level or Ant-Man 3 level. Because I do fear bad WOM on this will really be a killer for the franchise. This needs to deliver. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

NWH is another beast my friend

Its Spiderman. Tobey return... its a different monster

40 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Everyone forgets about the "will they wont they" dynamic that spearheaded a lot of the hype for No Way Home

That’s my point though. NWH didn’t need to come up with some dumb title like ‘A Tale of Three Spider-Men’ to sell tickets. 

In terms of recognizability Deadpool and Wolverine is the most cut and dry. It's a movie about the X-Men franchises two most popular characters.

My guess is the next trailer will play that up more since I get the feeling this one was mostly to establish "no, we didn't tone it down just because this one's made by Disney, it's still very much a Deadpool movie".

• Like 1

I've been vocal about how I think some people put way too much stock in views/social media but when Jackmans "Wolverine and Asshole" tweet has nearly half a million likes by itself, this thing is gonna explode.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I've been vocal about how I think some people put way too much stock in views/social media but when Jackmans "Wolverine and Asshole" tweet has nearly half a million likes by itself, this thing is gonna explode.

That should have been the actual title.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

23 hours ago, Mad Max007 said:

The Flash was supposed to be one of the biggest movies ever if you believed the internet metrics last year. Movie going and film discussions have completely changed post pandemic, it's about time people accept it.

This isn't even remotely comparable. For starters, there were not two prior Flash movies to use for comparison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1