kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

Maybe it's just me personally but $110-120M is kinda small for this film, a DS2/BP2 level opening would be BIG

Nah some predictions have just way too high.

Had it at 165m and that's at the start of 2023 when things were still relatively good for MCU.

Never bought  those 180-200m+ OW predictions.

Right now

120-145m ow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Nah some predictions have just way too high.

Had it at 165m and that's at the start of 2023 when things were still relatively good for MCU.

Never bought  those 180-200m+ OW predictions.

Right now

120-145m ow.

It depends on how you view it.

I don't view it as "MCU is in a bad spot so 110-120 would be good"

It view it as "110-120 would be underwhelming because it's less than what it could have done if the MCU was in a good spot"

This is coming from someone who thinks GOTG 3, in fact, had a really bad opening weekend. Release in May 2022 and it's an easy 200+ 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Knock It Off 1

So, a Suicide Squad video game just came out and its being dogged on by the internet for being another live-service game no one asked for. 

"Finally, people are tired of live-service games! We've won!" cried the internet.

Wrong. A week later, Helldivers 2 comes out and is... a live-service game getting great reviews. Long live live-service.

And that's what's going to happen here. Superhero fatigue is real... except when it isn't. Marvel fatigue is real... except when it isn't.

Go to Twitter and search "Deadpool excited" then "Twisters excited" and tell me this film is DoA. Maybe after a future trailer, but at the moment, people seem genuinely interested in the film.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

So, a Suicide Squad video game just came out and its being dogged on by the internet for being another live-service game no one asked for. 

"Finally, people are tired of live-service games! We've won!" cried the internet.

Wrong. A week later, Helldivers 2 comes out and is... a live-service game getting great reviews. Long live live-service.

And that's what's going to happen here. Superhero fatigue is real... except when it isn't. Marvel fatigue is real... except when it isn't.

don't see how that's "superhero fatigue" and not just the game not being very good.

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

My cousin just informed me the people kidnapping Deadpool are from a Disney+ show. Really thought they’d move away from that stuff. 

But it went over my head so maybe it won’t cause a problem. 

I haven't watched any Disney+ shows, but I just assumed it's a generic evil government agency. I don't think it'd be an issue.

• Like 1