kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

48 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

It’s true, every word from my keyboard is pure unadulterated facts of the future

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway from 2012 to 2019 it was was hard to go wrong betting on the MCU, but from 2022 through 2023 it’s more like hard to go wrong betting against the MCU, so… I’m torn on this one. If they all released in an environment of equal franchise health, pretty confident this would be the 2nd biggest post Infinity Saga after NWH, with maybe 250/600/1.3B or whatever.   

As is, not really feeling confident it can match MoM/BP2 kind of nums. The trailer was eh for me, needed more kick (prolly wolverine), though the title suggests that will be coming. Extreme concerns about quality given heavy TVA involvement.   

I’ll throw out like 140/350/750 with some room for upside if the product delivers

Only 750

2 hours ago, Legion Again said:

It’s true, every word from my keyboard is pure unadulterated facts of the future

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway from 2012 to 2019 it was was hard to go wrong betting on the MCU, but from 2022 through 2023 it’s more like hard to go wrong betting against the MCU, so… I’m torn on this one. If they all released in an environment of equal franchise health, pretty confident this would be the 2nd biggest post Infinity Saga after NWH, with maybe 250/600/1.3B or whatever.   

As is, not really feeling confident it can match MoM/BP2 kind of nums. The trailer was eh for me, needed more kick (prolly wolverine), though the title suggests that will be coming. Extreme concerns about quality given heavy TVA involvement.   

I’ll throw out like 140/350/750 with some room for upside if the product delivers

Tbh even assuming an environment that the MCU was healthy, 250m OW for an R rated movie wouldn’t happen. Not even too sure about 200m.

4 hours ago, YM! said:

Tbh even assuming an environment that the MCU was healthy, 250m OW for an R rated movie wouldn’t happen. Not even too sure about 200m.

Nah, the R rated isn’t a huge barrier and 250M isn’t even really that big anymore in terms of how many people show up. It’d still be a much less impressive opening than say Matrix Reloaded and par-ish with Passion of Christ. Like +33% DP1 admits on true FSS.

5 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Trailer numbers were way bigger than expected even 4 Superbowl inflated ones.

25mish previews 145M-170M

Being an r rated movie will limit this.

200M+ even pre covid ain't  a slam  dunk.

I think you're underestimating the audience who want to see the film just because it'll be a Disney movie that's allowed to make fun of Disney.

I mean, right now John Oliver is advertising his show using a Steamboat Willie mascot. His schtick is that he's walking a tightrope trying not to get sued by Disney even though he's literally doing nothing at all to get himself sued. He's not even taking chances letting the mascot hold anything inappropriate. And yet, it seems like people are eating it up, thinking he's actually doing something litigiously dangerous.

Deadpool making fun of Disney will be seen in the same vein. HoW iS hE gEtTiNg AwAy WiTh It?

1 hour ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

All this talk about GotG 3, and I struggle to understand how that film was so well-reviewed. But I also didn't get sucked in by the egregious animal abuse plotline.

Cause is one of the best Marvel movie 😄

• Like 10

Hi guys, it's me Logansluckyrun

Don't know if you remember me but I used to hang around until 2020 or so. I made a new account bc I couldn't remember any of the login stuff for my old one.

Im so excited for DP3.

Also, where can I change my profile picture?

Its not against the rules to make a different account is it? I was never suspended on my old one.

Edited by MAZE animations
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MAZE animations said:

Hi guys, it's me Logansluckyrun

Don't know if you remember me but I used to hang around until 2020 or so. I made a new account bc I couldn't remember any of the login stuff for my old one.

Im so excited for DP3.

Also, where can I change my profile picture?

Its not against the rules to make a different account is it? I was never suspended on my old one.

Hi 👋 

It’s fine making another one as long as you aren’t evading but I bet the admins can find your old info if you want it :) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

Hi 👋 

It’s fine making another one as long as you aren’t evading but I bet the admins can find your old info if you want it :) 

Thanks.

Should I DM an admin. I can try doing some more recovery measures again myself first tho.

19 hours ago, Legion Again said:

I’m not really quite sure how that even happened tbh. I do think I’m usually pretty solid (shocking 😛 ) when I really pay attention to a movie’s data but I’ve only done that a handful of times in the past 2 years or so :hahaha:

??????

What do you mean here?

26 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

??????

What do you mean here?

Just that there have only been a small handful of movies post NWH that I’ve gotten interested in enough to really get into the nitty gritty on predicting them. My best work was in like 2019 and 2021 imo

10 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

All this talk about GotG 3, and I struggle to understand how that film was so well-reviewed. But I also didn't get sucked in by the egregious animal abuse plotline.

GotG3 is my favorite of the trilogy. The animals killed me. 

GotG3 > GotG2 > GotG1

• Like 1