kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

The Shawn Levy of it all is interesting because this is only his second film with an R rating that I recall, the other being This Is Where I Leave You, and that was a different genre and tone. Plus he's also a writer on the film and it seems to be his only writing credit to date. So it's relatively new territory for him. 

As for box office, I mean, the response the trailer got shows there's a general interest. Even if you take out the Super Bowl numbers it's still like number four in terms of 24 hour trailer views right? The opening should be big, even if I'm not completely on board the huge numbers some others have thrown around. 

But with that, as I've said before, quality will still be important in regards to legs afterwards. So I guess my TL;DR is: expect a big opening (unless this is another Rise Of The Beasts/Flash scenario which the data isn't pointing to rn), legs TBD.

@SpiderByte

I am just wondering, what is your breakdown for this to top Joker WW? I want it to but. . . . . . . . . . .

Are you expecting like $160M/$440M/$1100M?

And keep in mind Joker was not released in China so if we want to do this with no cop-outs B) (AKA passing $1.075B WW-China), what are we expecting? $185M/$500M/$1100M?

Edited by HummingLemon496

On 3/6/2024 at 4:31 PM, TMP said:

I think there's a recent shift in movie-going where people will only see something if it's seen as exceptional. I just... don't know if adding Wolverine and a bunch of cameos from shitty movies no-one outside of reddit remembers is gonna be enough to overcome that fact.

You underestimate nostalgia. Anecdotal as fuck obviously, but when I told my uncle and my father (obviously no redditors) about the Wolverine and the possible Affleck's Daredevil cameos, they told me right away that we all need to go watch it together.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

You underestimate nostalgia. Anecdotal as fuck obviously, but when I told my uncle and my father (obviously no redditors) about the Wolverine and the possible Affleck's Daredevil cameos, they told me right away that we all need to go watch it together.

Yeah this movie will be big unless they completely shit the bed. Which is possible but fingers crossed they don't. 

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

This is why I wish this movie came out in May 2022, which was PEAK multiverse hype

Edited by HummingLemon496

3 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah this movie will be big unless they completely shit the bed. Which is possible but fingers crossed they don't. 

The only aspect that has me worried is Shawn Levy's so-so track record.

Though, his Ryan led films have been received well enough.

It's a shame Leitch was too busy to do this film. 

1 hour ago, MAZE animations said:

The only aspect that has me worried is Shawn Levy's so-so track record.

Though, his Ryan led films have been received well enough.

It's a shame Leitch was too busy to do this film. 

It’s a Marvel Studios film. Does it really matter what the director’s track record is? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s a Marvel Studios film. Does it really matter what the director’s track record is? 

Fiege is calling the shots; the directors are strictly the hired help.