75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

Just now, Chewy said:

How else am I supposed to rank them? Hmmmmmmmm?

Speaking of rankings, I'm thinking of introducing a small twist in this year's top movies ranking. Still thinking how best to do it to prevent gaming the charts which happens every year (we got #Mortdecai in the top 100 last year after all :P ) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Speaking of rankings, I'm thinking of introducing a small twist in this year's top movies ranking. Still thinking how best to do it to prevent gaming the charts which happens every year (we got #Mortdecai in the top 100 last year after all :P ) 

Lol. You already know FB and RO will be in Top 10, possibly even Top 5. 

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Everyone loves to say they are blockbustered out, but then great mid-range stuff like The Nice Guys, Arrival, Popstar, Allied, Bridge of Spies, Ex Machina and many others come out and people half ass support them.  

What does "support" mean in this context? I've seen all of those movies but Arrival, which I will see soonish, and posted about them

Also I like blockbusters! Maybe it's just this year's crop. Maybe it's my general world-weariness at the mo. But I haven't been enthusiastic about one in a minute

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy said:

What does "support" mean in this context? I've seen all of those movies but Arrival, which I will see soonish, and posted about them

Also I like blockbusters! Maybe it's just this year's crop. Maybe it's my general world-weariness at the mo. But I haven't been enthusiastic about one in a minute

It means they go to see them and get their friends, family and others to go see them.  Spending money to support the product.  

The reason you don't get more mid-range better movies like this is that people don't support them with their wallets.  

• Like 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

It means they go to see them and get their friends, family and others to go see them.  Spending money to support the product.  

The reason you don't get more mid-range better movies like this is that people don't support them with their wallets.  

I didn't complain about a lack of mid-range movies. I understand why they're rare. Also I support them with my wallet.

My comment was strictly focused on blockbusters.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

I didn't complain about a lack of mid-range movies. I understand why they're rare. Also I support them with my wallet.

My comment was strictly focused on blockbusters.

I was speaking in general, not really to you specifically.  

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

tbh, a lot of times the marketing campaigns and release patterns aren't nearly the same as for tentpoles. 

I get it -- the studios don't want to spend a fortune. But it's hardly an equal playing field. 

• Like 3