75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

6 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Truly we live in a post-factual society. 

Obviously the best approach to looking at box office stats is with facts, but just because someone throws a number out there doesn't make it true. I'll continue to prefer my opinion over random arbitrary numbers.

Just look at the polls for the US election which had it at like 55-40, one poll doesn't represent the truth.

Edited by Treecraft

Anyway, besides Tree's whatever nonsense, we know FB skewed old and got pretty much no families, so Moana won't be an issue. It will live or die on their own. I am still expecting a 50% drop, which would be really good.

• Like 1

Families will probably show up more next week I guess? I'm thinking maybe the setting of NYC, during the roaring twenties is also not as appealing. They're currently building the sets for Paris for the sequel, and it'll take place in Europe (with apparently a chase out of NY at the beginning according to Yates), that might make it even more appealing. 

I'd be honestly surprised if we don't go back to Hogwarts in at least one of the sequels, it'd make sense too. Imagine, you show Hogwarts in the trailer, that'd be a megabomb, at least until the inevitable Cursed Child adaptation. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Truly we live in a post-factual society. 

Reminded me of a great quote I saw the other day on twitter from Zelda Williams. Worth repeating:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Families will probably show up more next week I guess? I'm thinking maybe the setting of NYC, during the roaring twenties is also not as appealing. They're currently building the sets for Paris for the sequel, and it'll take place in Europe (with apparently a chase out of NY at the beginning according to Yates), that might make it even more appealing. 

I'd be honestly surprised if we don't go back to Hogwarts in at least one of the sequels, it'd make sense too. Imagine, you show Hogwarts in the trailer, that'd be a megabomb, at least until the inevitable Cursed Child adaptation. 

Probably not in the next one, tho. Most likely in FB 4 and FB 5.

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

HP's core fanbase has grown up. They aren't teenagers anymore. That could lead to less of a rush factor and better legs.

Wouldn't it be the opposite way round? If the large number of adults seeing this movie are the "core fanbase" then you're confirming it will be frontloaded. "core fans" don't improve legs, regardless of their age.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Speaking of consistent franchises, how much is Bayformers 5 and POTC going to drop domestic and WW next year?

They have been steadily dropping domestically but holding steady overseas.

Both POTC and Transformers 5 will probably make less then 200m domestically, but still make at least a billion worldwide, with at least 300m of Transformers gross coming from China. Crazy!

• Like 1