FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Fire alarm went off for the third time this month. Because someone was vaping in the bathroom. And it's pouring rain and the field is soggy af I hate whoever did this omg.

I hate selfish, thoughtless, ... egos like that.

Have still a nice day - hopefully you hve some dry clothes in reserve or can phone someone to bring you some?

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Fire alarm went off for the third time this month. Because someone was vaping in the bathroom. And it's pouring rain and the field is soggy af I hate whoever did this omg.

We had one go off when I was in high school, on a day when the temperature was hovering around -2 (28 F for any curious Americans). Most of us didn't have time to grab our coats before evacuating. Turns out it was because of a student trying to dodge a test. One of the teachers joked that instead of suspending the kid they should just announce who it is, the rest of the school would have beaten them to a pulp.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Wrath said:

My personal "Top X of 2016" isn't coming together in a satisfactory fashion and I think I've figured out why. My movie watching has been weird this year. I don't feel like I've seen fewer movies than usual (I probably average ~40/year in the cinema), but I've definitely seen fewer Indie/low-distribution+critically-acclaimed flicks and more popcorn movies. I think its that I've seen more movies with the kids and fewer with my wife than my usual ratio. My gut feeling is that at least part of the reason is that its been a banner year for high quality popcorn flicks.

That, and I really need to see Manchester by the Sea.

Yeah, I have quite a bit of awards-caliber films to see this year.

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think he's the best thing in the MCU right now (along with Anthony Mackie)

We'll definitely disagree here. I'll give you Mackie but not as the best thing in MCU. Renner doesn't own movies he's in let alone the whole MCU. IMO. I loved it that he was barely in CW. More Mackie was great, tho but Mackie >>>>>>>>> Renner even in THL where I liked Renner. IMO.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I hate selfish, thoughtless, ... egos like that.

Have still a nice day - hopefully you hve some dry clothes in reserve or can phone someone to bring you some?

Lmao I'm soaked. But that's okay so is most of the school :lol:

• Like 1

I thought renner was ok. It was amy adams who overacted. Renner and the others were acting normally, but adams had a constant concerned look on her face, she looked like she was constantly on the verge of tears. and that was before the big reveal. Her acting didn't seem natural for her circumstances

meh...i don't like her acting at all. she tries too hard, but still comes off bland

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

We'll definitely disagree here. I'll give you Mackie but not as the best thing in MCU. Renner doesn't own movies he's in let alone the whole MCU. IMO. I loved it that eh was barely in CW. 

The main guys bore me for the most part these days. Mackie and Renner are a breath of fresh air in those movies

• Like 1

Just now, Alli said:

I thought renner was ok. It was amy adams who overacted. Renner and the others were acting normally, but adams had a constant concerned look on her face, she looked like she was constantly on the verge of tears. and that was before the big reveal. Her acting didn't seem natural for her circumstances

meh...i don't like her acting at all. she tries too hard, but still comes off bland

And you know a lot about being a linguist attempting to communicate with an alien species?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The main guys bore me for the most part these days. Mackie and Renner are a breath of fresh air in those movies

I see where you're coming from. I can agree with that. Main characters can get repetitive or just not going anywhere with characterization the further the story goes. Not saying that's the case with all MCU leads but I see your point. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Renner's good in Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation but he's overshadowed by Tom Cruise and even his co-stars. 

To be fair a lot of his Rogue Nation scenes talking to other characters. He doesn't get much time to do any action, since the MI movies are largely about Cruise of course. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2