La Binoche

Weekend numbers. Moana 28.3 | FB 18.5 | Arrival 7.3 | Allied 7 | DS 6.8 | Trolls 4.6 | Hacksaw 3.4

In other news, Sully just passed 200m WW.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $124,508,177    62.1%
Foreign:  $75,900,000    37.9%

Worldwide:  $200,408,177  

It opened in a bunch of markets this weekend, including UK, Germany, Italy and Mexico and still has China on the way. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, James said:

In other news, Sully just passed 200m WW.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $124,508,177    62.1%
Foreign:  $75,900,000    37.9%

Worldwide:  $200,408,177  

It opened in a bunch of markets this weekend, including UK, Germany, Italy and Mexico and still has China on the way. 

Wow, that seems like a really strong OS performance for a film all about an incident and person I wouldn't think got much coverage outside the U.S. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, yjs said:

THIS. If it was doing equally bad like TGD I wouldn't have been so frustrated and just, accepted the fate more easily you know :lol:

I thought maybe because the brown skin, then I don't wanna think that and would just prefer to think it was the little to no promotion at the cost of pushing DS and R1 more.

If a brown-skinned princess can do well in the US, then she can definitely do well in the UK.

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Given that second weekend hold for Arrival was far more brutal than I expected, I'm very relieved the great legs decided to show up. 

Some movies are like that. Instead of showing great legs off the bat (Avatar, Titanic), they have a wonky second weekend but stabilize after that (Frozen, Ant Man, Arrival).

‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $177M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl Box… Link to deadline

I had to read that title 3 times till I realised: they speak about OS,... I know I know, people here like to say international for OS, but that is soooo wrong.

6 minutes ago, Noctis said:

If a brown-skinned princess can do well in the US, then she can definitely do well in the UK.

I don't think it's so much the color of her skin, but just looking at places where Moana did better than FB in the US, you do see strong Hawaii ties. Didn't somebody report Ward Honolulu was up there with Souther California for attendance for Moana? I doubt you would see that for any other movies.

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I just hope Moana can still beat BH6 WW at least. 

Unless Japan does 150m+ or DOM develops incredible late legs to carry it over 300m, I don't see how that could happen. At this point I think 600m is all it can hope for (with a strong, but not phenomenal run in Japan) and good legs in all OS markets.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

So Captain America : Civil War NO1 OS of 2016 ?

Looks like it.

Yeah, either that or Rogue One. Although to be honest, I think Rogue One is going to do around Zootopia numbers.

$545m is what I really hope FB hits. That would make it the fourth highest overseas film of the year after CW, R1, and Zootopia. Considering it had zero connections to the Potter universe and its underwhelming opening, I only expect greater numbers for the sequel. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James said:

Unless Japan does 150m+ or DOM develops incredible late legs to carry it over 300m, I don't see how that could happen. At this point I think 600m is all it can hope for (with a strong, but not phenomenal run in Japan) and good legs in all OS markets.

I'm counting on 150m in Japan. I think it has potential to go higher. 

• Like 1

Posted it in the wrong thread, not sure if it was here already too, just in case for the country's split

FANTASTIC BEASTS scored $60.4M this weekend overseas, $424M total. CHINA ($72M) UK ($47M) KOR ($30M) JPN ($28M)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Yeah, either that or Rogue One. Although to be honest, I think Rogue One is going to do around Zootopia numbers.

$545m is what I really hope FB hits. That would make it the fourth highest overseas film of the year after CW, R1, and Zootopia. Considering it had zero connections to the Potter universe and its underwhelming opening, I only expect greater numbers for the sequel. 

This. With Dumbledore coming and the great WW reception for the first movie, I'm thinking 1b is not that out of reach. Or at least 900-950m, which is Potter territory. The sequel will increase in China and maybe the ER worldwide, and especially in the UK, will get a bit better. 

• Like 2