Fake

July OS madness: Pick your winner

July OS Battle  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie will have the highest gross overseas?

• The Amazing Spider-Man
    • Ice Age: Continental Drift
    • The Dark Knight Rises
  2. 2. Do you think these three movies will do over $2 Billion combined?

SM3 grossed only 15% less than OOTP in 2007. So TASM coming close to DH2 is certainly possible,

"Only 15% less" still means $90m less. Besides, this is a reboot. Like I said, I expect it to explode in Asia and South America, but I do not see it achieving the heights of Spider-Man 3 in Europe. Not until the sequel. Still, $700m is something I can see.

actually Ice Age 4 probably won't increase that much everyone. Ice Age 3 WAS in 3D so 3D is not a new thing that is being introduced to the franchise. Also 3D doesn't seem to help animated film that much, as it seems animated films in 3D tend to gross the same as you would think they would in 2D not really anything more. It actually might decrease or if it increases I think it will be a small increase

actually Ice Age 4 probably won't increase that much everyone. Ice Age 3 WAS in 3D so 3D is not a new thing that is being introduced to the franchise. Also 3D doesn't seem to help animated film that much, as it seems animated films in 3D tend to gross the same as you would think they would in 2D not really anything more.It actually might decrease or if it increases I think it will be a small increase

Russia expansion + Europe. Asia has grown as well...you can't forget about China either. This will most likely get a China release. Russia + China = $100m alone, IMO.

TDK only made $468.6m overseas ($64.7m less than it made in the US), I don't see why people are predicting TDKR to make over $600m let alone $700m overseas.

If it gets a China release i think 600 is locked. I think there were reports that it was one of the most pirated movies in China. And really, TDK didn't overperform in that many markets.

Yeah, TDK wasnt and now Bale......

I know that TDK wasn't because they thought that it was not culturally suitable for the Chinese market. Plus the movie was at the height of the Edison scandal. But TDKR's doesn't have the same excuse. Not filmed in China (ie China doesn't get destroyed) and no Edison so it should be able to get a release in China. Edited by Bluebomb