Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

3 hours ago, 75live said:

Just got home from seeing this and it's pretty good, not great to me, but it was good enough.  It had pretty good setup to not the biggest payoff, but it's still good.  I'd give it about a B+

more comedic than scary, well it's not scary at all, but that wasn't the point of the movie and not a drawback either :) 

Well that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping it would be legitimately scary.

Sitting in the theatre now waiting for it to start.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

It Follows is really great.  The Witch was one the bigger disappointments I've seen recently after all the hype, I was so goddamn bored.   And Cabin in the Woods is a horror movie?

I feel like I've been watching terrible un-skippable ads for Get Out on youtube for months, really surprised at those reviews.

YouTube is ad free if you get YouTube Red.

Definitely worth 10 bucks a month if you're on YouTube alot each day.

YouTube Red has other perks too like original shows, the ability to download videos and play videos in the background.

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

YouTube Red has other perks too like original shows, the ability to download videos and play videos in the background.

Just make sure you don't get confused and end up at RedTube. devil_smiley_058.gif

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

The audience score for this keeps rising, which seems to be a pretty rare occurrence.

yep even the imdb score is rising a lot. If it wasn't for the trolls who downvoted it it would probably be at a 8.3 or something. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

well it wasn't funny or scary. but if you're entertained by folks jerking themselves off to how much they know about horror films that's none of my business.

No CITW wasn't scary but I don't think it's really meant to be (and to be fair I really liked the Evil Dead remake too) but it was really funny in areas (example: the call to the cliche gas station owner). I guess maybe horror fans could appreciate it more then others because it was such a send up of the genre in the way Scream was to slashers. I'm surprised you didn't find the reveal clever at the end but I know many don't so I understand. Plus the third act is so damn entertaining.

Edited by somebody85

10 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Good grief... All this Cabin In The Woods shade, eh? Well, to each his own. But, bet J. Peele loved it. Hell, he cast Brad Whitford in probably second or third most important role in Get Out. And, honestly, Whitford and Keener tower over all else when in any scene in Get Out. Just seemed on a different, higher plane. They really, really knew what movie they were in and killed it.

Honestly, it was almost jarring how much comfortable Keener, Whitford and Root are in this movie than everyone else. They're A LOT better than everyone else. A LOT. Probably stems from their bizarro past experiences in Being John Malkovich for Keener, Whitford in Cabin In The Wood, Root with the Coens. I could've used more of them and less of everyone else. I wondering where I'd seen that weirdo son of their's before... Byzantium. I like him too.

Seriously all I was trying to do was compare the average scores since that's the last time I remembered this happened for a similar type of movie...I didn't mean to start a war.

Hearing that people who loved/liked CITW loved this, makes me excited.

5 hours ago, baumer said:

Im honestly shocked that anyone could dislike Jane Doe. Scared the crap out of me.

I had no idea this was not the Natalie Portman funded thing until now. Seriously got it confused with Jane Got A Gun. I thought you guys were mocking it hahaha.

I need to see this now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Youtube ads are also all blocked when you use the Peer Abblocker plugin on Chrome and Firefox which is free. Haven't seen them for years on the PC.

34 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

No CITW wasn't scary but I don't think it's really meant to be (and to be fair I really liked the Evil Dead remake too) but it was really funny in areas (example: the call to the cliche gas station owner). I guess maybe horror fans could appreciate it more then others because it was such a send up of the genre in the way Scream was to slashers. I'm surprised you didn't find the reveal clever at the end but I know many don't so I understand. Plus the third act is so damn entertaining.

All this talk of CITW and lo and behold it's on TV right now. Guess what I'm watching?:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

All this talk of CITW and lo and behold it's on TV right now. Guess what I'm watching?:D

Hah awesome! I know some said it has no rewatchablity but I strongly disagree. I've seen it a lot and it's always just as entertaining every time, especially the third act.

I'm pretty stoked to see some new horror recommendations here too outside of Get Out that I missed.