Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

guys it's the 7 th best preview number..... and 3 of them was twiligh.....

If you think ROgue one will be as frontloaded as Twilight omg lol..... and its sunday hold will be great.

I see no reason at all why it will make less than BVS or Civil war it's just non sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Lestranger said:

Damn, I thought it would do well over 30. But I am still banking on plus 180 or higher. Everyone wants to see this. I think it was just not a huge must see Thursday night film. JW only did 18.5 million on previews. It did 11x that for OW. RO only needs to do 6x to get to 180. I think that feels very likely. I think it goes a lot higher than that.

$180m is dead sorry. I'd put money on it now.

• Like 3

I'm gonna guess BvS is closer to the high end. Weather will effect it, not looking like a great weekend. TFA did have a pretty much a perfect weekend weather-wise (as perfect as one can get for mid-December at least) if I remember correctly. Though at this point, that would likely just increase legs.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

$180m is dead sorry. I'd put money on it now.

I tend to agree.  I don't see how this goes higher than Batman v. Superman or CA3.  I think a number in that range is still possibly in play but that is almost certainly the high end.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

That's one example. One example does not equal evidence. 

No it doesn't.  But what are your counter examples?  This is uncharted territory since this is the first Star Wars film that is not part of the main series.  Why would this be more frontloaded than Twilight films? 

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

It's not doing $151m after previews, that's virtually impossible.

Why JW did nearly 190 after previews? Now we don't know how the public will go the wom  is begin to kick in (or not) via the social network the weather could have affect it the night... Personaly i will not attend a movie even SW if it's raining or cold as fuck i will wait the week end.

So we ll see.