Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Los Angeles listed sellouts for Friday, right now:

Cinemark 18 - 4 sellouts

Edwards Renaissance 14 - 8 sellouts

Cinemark Playa Vista - 2 sellouts

AMC Montebello 10 - 1 sellout

Edwards Long Beach Stadium 26 - 1 sellout

Four Star Cinema - 1 sellout

AMC Fullerton 20 - 6 sellouts

Edwards Valencia Stadium 12 - 1 sellout

Edwards Metro Pointe 12 - 1 sellout

Muvico Thousand Oaks 14 - 2 sellouts

• Like 2

Just now, Grand Moff Tele said:

Los Angeles listed sellouts for Friday, right now:

Cinemark 18 - 4 sellouts

Edwards Renaissance 14 - 8 sellouts

Cinemark Playa Vista - 2 sellouts

AMC Montebello 10 - 1 sellout

Edwards Long Beach Stadium 26 - 1 sellout

Four Star Cinema - 1 sellout

AMC Fullerton 20 - 6 sellouts

Edwards Valencia Stadium 12 - 1 sellout

Edwards Metro Pointe 12 - 1 sellout

Muvico Thousand Oaks 14 - 2 sellouts

How does that compare to anything you can remember?

25 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think 10 and over should be fine.  Younger probably depends more on the child, while I think the first Star Wars trilogy and even TFA could safely skew younger.

Would you take Tele Jr. to it?

No. He still tends to be a bit overwhelmed by the theatrical experience. Any theatrical experience. And I think in particular a movie like this would be tough for him -- not necessarily from the violence, though I think of all things [REDACTED] would make him cry --

but because the flow of all the characters and locations requires you to keep a lot of info active in your head, and he's not quite up for that yet.

Episode 8 is touch and go, I'll have to play that one by ear. Tele Jr hasn't seen FORCE AWAKENS yet either, though he knows who Kylo Ren is. (He hasn't seen SITH yet either.)

• Like 5

One good thing that came out of this, at least from my point of view, is that it settled once and for all the presales-OW-frontloaded-aspect-of-SW. It is very clear that SW has the most rabid fanbase ever in the US and that they buy tickets in advance a lot. 

On another note, now more than ever I keep my 132-133m prediction (if it follows TFA exactly it would be 130m). And if Baumer's club succeeds (and I think it will), I think we will have a very interesting run on our hands because 1b would truly be far from guaranteed. -58% overall OS drop from TFA so far.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They remade the classic movie (or re-adapted the book - whatever) with Sam Clalfin in the Richard Burton role...

Just now, Alli said:

yeah that's....problematic. :lol:

I am still thinking about if I even know:

the first film

who Sam Clalfin is

The older films I know, if I know the title at all, in my language's version. But most I have to remember certain scenes to remember the film, if it isnt 'branded' into my mind.

:unsure: 

8 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Strongly disagree with those who say "the first two acts are slow". No they aren't, the action skips along nicely throughout. Of course the 3rd act builds to a crescendo but don't mistake that for slowness in the first 75 minutes.

Nothing slow about this film at any point, not sure what film those folks saw. Maybe they were sleepy because they saw it at midnight? 

Shocking that not everyone has the same opinion as you, isnt it?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, James said:

One good thing that came out of this, at least from my point of view, is that it settled once and for all the presales-OW-frontloaded-aspect-of-SW. It is very clear that SW has the most rabid fanbase ever in the US and that they buy tickets in advance a lot. 

On another note, now more than ever I keep my 132-133m prediction (if it follows TFA exactly it would be 130m). And if Baumer's club succeeds (and I think it will), I think we will have a very interesting run on our hands because 1b would truly be far from guaranteed. -58% overall OS drop from TFA so far.  

It will actually be closer to 125m if it follows TFA exactly from here, except no way I see it getting that amazing Sunday hold TFA did. So it will at least need to have a much better Friday proper and/or Saturday increase or it could go even lower. 

• Like 2

If R1 follows the exact same pattern as the force awakens it will open to exactly a hundred and twenty five million. If it was to do that it would probably be my best call ever on opening weekend for a film.

• Like 1