Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I enjoy TFA and Jedi a lot, but both of them re-hash the Death Star in a clunky way. Rogue One is a true prequel where the Death Star makes sense. 

Sith is better than 1&2, but it's still rubbish. 

Is this retcon canon!?

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

I enjoy TFA and Jedi a lot, but both of them re-hash the Death Star in a clunky way. Rogue One is a true prequel where the Death Star makes sense. 

Sith is better than 1&2, but it's still rubbish. 

I'll gladly defend Sith for a long time. It has its flaws, but the action is a lot of fun and it features some of the saga's best tracks.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'll gladly defend Sith for a long time. It has its flaws, but the action is a lot of fun and it features some of the saga's best tracks.

Defend all you want. The music is very good, but the special effects were questionable IMHO. The lava planet sequence in particular looked like bad PlayStation graphics even in 2005 and has not held up well over the last 11 years. The acting and dialogue were complete shit by 2 of the most important characters in the film. Anakin's turn to the Dark Side was not handled in a believable manner (happened too fast). Overall better than the first two, but that is really not saying much. It's lipstick on a pig. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Really, it's like some of you forgot all sense and logic when remembering how box office works. 155m openers and 50m openers will NEVER behave the same, I don't care if they open in a brand new 13th month of the year. 

But you're the one who was comparing the two movies to begin with.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

Sun could be looking 38-41

Rank* Title Friday
12/16

(Estimates)
Saturday
12/17

(Estimates)
Sunday
12/18

(Estimates)
Monday
12/19
1 ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY
Buena Vista

$71,072,000

-- / $17,097
$71,072,000 / 1
$46,354,000

-34.8% / $11,151
$117,426,000 / 2
$37,574,000

-18.9% / $9,039
$155,000,000 / 3

how is the weather?

Edited by terrestrial

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The only thing that disappointed me about the score for Sith was not coming up with an original peice for the show down between Yoda and Palpatine. Instead they just reused Duel of the Fates from TPM

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Defend all you want. The music is very good, but the special effects were questionable IMHO. The lava planet sequence in particular looked like bad PlayStation graphics even in 2005 and has not held up well over the last 11 years. The acting and dialogue were complete shit by 2 of the most important characters in the film. Anakin's turn to the Dark Side was not handled in a believable manner (happened too fast). Overall better than the first two, but that is really not saying much. It's lipstick on a pig. 

The visual effects are dated, but that doesn't take away from how fun it is to me at least.

• Like 1