Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

You're dying of laughter for being wrong. Sometimes, you need to let things go.

Lol, nice try but no. It's because EmpireCity tried to make it sound like he factually knew what he was talking about with the OW, then came into gloat about it this weekend. But surprise, turns out in reality he ended up falling equally as flat on his ass as me. 

16 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Fellowship of the Ring is 15 years old today, here's our original review where we called it "a miracle of a movie"

If i could only turn back time 15 years and wipe my memory to experience those 3 years again.... 

Sorry to R1 but FOTR, well, THAT was an event! ;) 

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmfao, @EmpireCity has been gloating all this time when his official prediction was indeed just as off as mine. I was at $130m, he was $180m. Man, what a pretentious boob. 

More like "Lmfao" at you constantly berating and even insulting him throughout the weekend for how "off" he has been, only for you ending up to be basically wrong every single time you stated something yourself... :rolleyes:

The only one who has been pretentious in this thread has been you. You just couldn't stop going out of your way to attack him again and again, every single time a piece of news wasn't completely horrible for your position. Oddly enough, he never did the same thing towards you, making you look rather weak and arrogant.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

MM: 1. Predict Rogue One's OW. 127.588m

EC: $178m

Actuals: $155.08

MM: -27.493

EC: +22.92

Both of you were off by quite a bit.  But, let's not split hairs, you were more off than he was.  By 4.5 million, in fact. 

You just said let's not split hairs and then you want to split hairs by pointing out I was off by 4m more? Lol ok. Fact of the matter is he was just as wrong as me and made a complete ass out of himself on Sat/Sun by gloating how much better his predictions were. And his 570 total is going to be hilariously off. 

4 minutes ago, George Parr said:

More like "Lmfao" at you constantly berating and even insulting him throughout the weekend for how "off" he has been, only for you ending up to be basically wrong every single time you stated something yourself... :rolleyes:

The only one who has been pretentious in this thread has been you. You just couldn't stop going out of your way to attack him again and again, every single time a piece of news wasn't completely horrible for your position. Oddly enough, he never did the same thing towards you, making you look rather weak and arrogant.

I've been hearing @MovieMan89 and @EmpireCity had sex lately... :ph34r:

Enemies with benefits? :qotd:

Edited by Daxtreme
:ph34r:
  • Like 3

Was pretty spot on with my friday & saturday projections. In hindsight makes sense that sunday drop was slightly bigger as less people are on vacation this monday compared to last year. Monday will also drop quite a bit more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Hopefully it's an actual new story and not another Death Star rehash.

Given that's it's a follow-up, I expect the storyline to be different, and not to feature any death stars. I'm hopeful anyway.

Just now, Porthos said:

See unlike some, I'm going to say something easy:

I.  Was.  Wrong.

I know I was wrong about the OW. I've said it since Friday. Again, mob mentality at its finest. People ignore what they want when they're on the group attack. 

And for the record, EmpireCity started being a total ass way before this weekend began, tossing personal insults at me ONLY because I told him the data didn't strongly support an OW in the Civil War range. That was literally all that started it with him. He's a sad angry person

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Had this been released in the summer, pretty sure a $178M OW prediction would have been right on point

I was bouncing around 180 to 170 all this time.

But unlike some (no names here, and I'm definately not point at you Daxtreme :)), I'm going to say something easy:

I.  Was.  Wrong.

There.  That wasn't so difficult, now was it? 

Looking at everything, I suspect I overestimated how much fanboys and fangirls would rush out to see this OW/Opening Night, but I'll never really know.

Still, 'only' being off 15 to 20 million isn't all that bad.  Especially if it comes in near my final total of 515. :ph34r::D

• Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

I was bouncing around 180 to 170 all this time.

But unlike some (no names here, and I'm definately not point at you Daxtreme :)), I'm going to say something easy:

I.  Was.  Wrong.

There.  That wasn't so difficult, now was it? 

Looking at everything, I suspect I overestimated how much fanboys and fangirls would rush out to see this OW/Opening Night, but I'll never really know.

Still, 'only' being off 15 to 20 million isn't all that bad.  Especially if it comes in near my final total of 515. :ph34r::D

Tbh, you've been one of the best posters all weekend. For the most part, you've shown to be capable of actually reading posts that have a different opinion than yours without making something out of nothing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Fact of the matter is he was just as wrong as me and made a complete ass out of himself on Sat/Sun by gloating how much better his predictions were. And his 570 total is going to be hilariously off. 

This is just flat-out bullshit. I just checked his post history, and this is what he had to say on the matter (in Baumer's thread):

On 12/18/2016 at 9:27 AM, EmpireCity said:

I was right about it going $150m+ but still was off about $20m on the opening number, so I'm not all that good.  This was a great thread and learned a lot about mega December openers and now we can watch how it holds up.  

That's a hell of a lot more reasonable and humble than anything you've been saying. At no point did he gloat about how much better his predictions were than other people. That's information anyone can check for themselves, by the way.

I'm pretty sure we're being trolled, given that you're completely making shit up now, but I'm not willing to let that stand without correcting the record. Especially given that I don't think he's around at the moment.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I know I was wrong about the OW. I've said it since Friday. Again, mob mentality at its finest. People ignore what they want when they're on the group attack. 

And for the record, EmpireCity started being a total ass way before this weekend began, tossing personal insults at me ONLY because I told him the data didn't strongly support an OW in the Civil War range. That was literally all that started it with him. He's a sad angry person

(I deleted that post your responding to because the board posted it prematurely)

((Stooopid board)

Yes, but notice ALL I said was:  I.  Was.  Wrong.

I didn't set out to say others were more wrong than I was.  I also added a bit to say why I think I was wrong, but then also added a bit to say I'll never really know.

Just admitting that one got it wrong, examining why you might have gotten it wrong, and leaving it at that and not throwing shade at others goes a long way in my book.

That's all I was trying to say. :)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmfao, @EmpireCity has been gloating all this time when his official prediction was indeed just as off as mine. I was at $130m, he was $180m. Man, what a pretentious boob. 

Is he and nilephelan the same person? Two different predictions there...

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is just flat-out bullshit. I just checked his post history, and this is what he had to say on the matter (in Baumer's thread):

That's a hell of a lot more reasonable and humble than anything you've been saying. At no point did he gloat about how much better his predictions were than other people. That's information anyone can check for themselves, by the way.

I'm pretty sure we're being trolled, given that you're completely making shit up now, but I'm not willing to let that stand without correcting the record. Especially given that I don't think he's around at the moment.

Ugh, I'm too busy to waste time digging through hundreds of posts right now, but rest assured I will get around to showing what started this nonsense. And it was him personally attacking me for telling him his numbers didn't confirm an OW in the Civil War range. And don't pretend he's some innocent bystander in our squabble this weekend. 9 times out of 10 he initiated it with his snark. Some of you have been so far up each other's asses this weekend your eyes are completely blinded by shit. 

Edited by MovieMan89

25 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

I made average prediction for fun : 160,61M

Not bad BOT

Is there an average WW prediction for Rogue one (Total WW not OW)? despite all the cheering for its performance so far, I suspect average WW predictions on this forums will be largely over-predicted.

Edited by NCsoft