Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

5 minutes ago, Eevin said:

I mean, good, I guess? Certainly means it's playing very well to a lot of people. Still, hard to know if the A applies to the hardcore fanbase or to general audiences.

Deadline is saying it is across all demographics.

But since I think the fans rushed in to see first, Cinemascore is often skewed more positively. 

$73m would be an excellent # (anything $70m or higher really).  I really hope I see it again this weekend too as a poor theater experience my first viewing was not helping my liking of the movie and I usually enjoy movies more upon second viewing anyway.  

Edited by FTF

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Mid 150s is the most likely outcome. I think the absolute highest it can go is 166m, so essentially BvS.

170M is possible with strong Saturday bump minus previews since it is SW (strong with families).  We know Sunday hold will be strong.

• Like 1

If this does sub-$150m over the weekend, I think it's a clear sign that legs aren't that strong. I very much doubt it will, but something like this: 

$29m previews

$44m Friday ($73m)

$40m Saturday ($113m)

$30m Sunday ($143m)

would not be pretty.

Mid-$150s would be somewhat expected, and quite good:

$29m previews

$44m Friday ($73m)

$47m Saturday ($120m)

$35m Sunday ($155m)

If it does $160m+, that's leggier than many expected and probably a sign of backloading. $500m would be near-locked at that point.

$29m previews

$44m Friday ($73m)

$50m Saturday ($123m)

$38m Sunday ($161m)

Just now, druv10 said:

170M is possible with strong Saturday bump minus previews since it is SW (strong with families).  We know Sunday hold will be strong.

But Deadline is also reportng that not many kids are out of school yet, compared to last year with TFA.