Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Didn't TFA make AFI's top 10 of the year?

It did, AFI, if I remember correctly, delayed it's publication of its top 10 films last year to wait for TFA's premier, they were always going to include it by that gesture. What is more funny is BFCA, who published their 10 nominations, and in last minute, added a 11th nomination (for TFA), probably just to jump on the hype train, so they kind of became the laughing stock of the award circle last year. In fact, the train of TFA awards never really gain much momentum beyond that, when serious awards came, they mostly nominated The Martian, and Mad Max, and mostly overlooked TFA except in some tech categories.

Just now, NCsoft said:

It did, AFI, if I remember correctly, delayed it's publication of its top 10 films last year to wait for TFA's premier, they were always going to include it by that gesture. What is more funny is BFCA, who published their 10 nominations, and in last minute, added a 11th nomination (for TFA), probably just to jump on the hype train, so they kind of became the laughing stock of the award circle last year. In fact, the train of TFA awards never really gain much momentum beyond that, when serious awards came, they mostly nominated The Martian, and Mad Max, and mostly overlooked TFA except in some tech categories.

Hey, Spider-Man 2 didn't get serious awards, but it was on the AFI list in 2004. It's just how they roll.

1 hour ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I think it's fine. My model has it finishing around 500m currently. Again, I think I'm being conservative with it for the most part, but we'll have to see in the days to come. 

edit: oops, slight typo on my sheet. Fixed. It predicts 44.2

Typo, so you're the alter ego of Rth.:ph34r:

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Hey, Spider-Man 2 didn't get serious awards, but it was on the AFI list in 2004. It's just how they roll.

Yes, I really appreciate that, it's nice of them to include some populist choices, and I'm certainly not against TFA being in a top 10 list, I enjoyed it. If every top 10 list mirrors top critics and Oscars, it would be pretty boring:)

19 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Your theater seems to be an outlier. Outperformed the national performance for Thursday by 57%. If something similar happens today, we would be looking at a 23% increase overall. 

It usually is tbh. My system of comparing our ticket sales to actual box office isn't perfect, and obviously no single theatre is ever going to accurately represent box office. But I like to think that maybe if we are seeing this drastic of an increase, that hopefully the movie will have a solid day in general.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Anyone have the actual translation of what Mr Weihai111 said? Google Translate wasn't so hot.

I will try to translate it for you

and don't ban me please I am merely translating a Chinese post. 

Translation starts:

Certain Star Wars fans must be bored out their mind, just because your films do not compete with others you have to piss on their taste ("their" probably imply audiences of other countries who did not like Star Wars too much), you think your taste is good? Garbages like Twilight exploded in box office! (if you don't understand this use google translate!)

Translation over.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 3