Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lmao, Rogue One leaked online already. Not a cam recorded version either. CW all over again.

Lmao I don't even need to go see it in theaters anymore.

• Like 2

You know what this Friday number in particular kinda makes me think of? And, I understand that the two movies are completely different, different times of year, fans, etc.

But ok. A movie with Star Wars in the title, had freaking Darth Vader in the trailers, is coming out just after TFA made almost a billion freaking dollars domestically, opened to 71M Friday. Only about 7M more than Suicide Squad did, a movie (albeit with a Joker and Batman cameos) with really a lesser known name, coming off a disliked generally predecessor with BvS as well as a really competitive summer marketplace. 

Testament to the incredible marketing by WB.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Do you recall if that also applied to TFA back then? I wasn't a BOT member so I don't know.

Did the transposition from Australia's numbers to USA work?

Yes. I had the opening day Domestic at $100m+ from the Australian OD. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I'm slightly surprised you're not that interested. You see all sorts of crap in theaters. :lol: 

I only see mostly big movies nowadays mixed with some indies that had some praise (Lion, Hell or High Water and Nocturnal Animals are recent examples). My apathy towards R1 is brutal. There is also no safe show, I was checking a 1:00 PM show tomorrow and it already has a group of 20 people. That is nuts. Tons of noise and people with cellphones on all the time locked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lmao, Rogue One leaked online already. Not a cam recorded version either. CW all over again.

I just checked the torrent site I used to download Harmy's de-specialized editions of the OT(hey, if Jorge is never gonna make those original versions available I got no shame) and I don't see it on there.  Might not be true.

• Like 1

Just now, Ozymandias said:

I just checked the torrent site I used to download Harmy's de-specialized editions of the OT(hey, if Jorge is never gonna make those original versions available I got no shame) and I don't see it on there.  Might not be true.

I'll PM you a clip that's on YT

• Like 1

Some are right to be worried that the specialty or uniqueness of the Star Wars films can be compromised in a desire for profit. But this criticism is far easier to substantiate against The Force Awakens than Rogue One. 

The Force Awakens is a mechanical, artificial, inorganic, formulaic, even doctrinaire film. Episode 7 could have been anything. It was a near carbon copy of A New Hope and Return of the Jedi. When Star Wars came out in 1977, George Lucas was a visionary. When The Force Awakens came out in 2015, JJ Abrams was a mechanic. 

It does not help that The Force Awakens did much to call in to question the internal continuity of the Star Wars universe. Rey, for instance, is quite possibly the second coming of Christ, apparently. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I only see mostly big movies nowadays mixed with some indies that had some praise (Lion, Hell or High Water and Nocturnal Animals are recent examples). My apathy towards R1 is brutal. There is also no safe show, I was checking a 1:00 PM show tomorrow and it already has a group of 20 people. That is nuts. Tons of noise and people with cellphones on all the time locked.

Shit, it's worth seeing on the big screen just for the spectacle alone. I promise, no sky beams... at least, not nice ones. :ph34r: 

• Like 2