Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

18 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

^_^ I love those numbers. SW T-Shirts got to be making a killing too.

psst I ordered one - I blame me bored whilst bedridden I orderd way too much books, DVDs..... as well

17 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Yeah, it's gonna drop big on Saturday and jump big on Sunday, and then again on Monday. Will be a very weird weekend haha.

note to myself: prepare for a few 'but the % change pattern proof bad WOM... or whatever posts'

I read a strange comment at a big newspaper here:

someone heared so much in the media about the US complains about too female, too liberal, too... he thought SW R1 would be about / show a vegan Death Star..

:rotfl:

(and some other not so nice out-of-date-clichés) = he was pleasantly surprised about the reality.

Waiting for first GA reactions?

• Like 3

he believes the studio's estimates are expectation-preserving conservative, offering his own $168 million opening prediction

I read now repeatedly that Disney had said $120m-$150m and not $130m-$150m

link to USA today

comScore senior media analyst Paul Dergarabedian says he believes Rogue One could vie for the largest total box office of any film opening in 2016, eyeing Finding Dory's $486.3 million summer mark.

"Rogue One is not the follow up to The Force Awakens and it's not trying to be. But it's going to be a huge movie on its own terms that we are going to be talking about for a long time," Dergarabedian says.

Edited by terrestrial

1 minute ago, IMojammer said:

TFA did a billion overseas without counting China. If it drops in half and gets $100m from China it only needs 135 x 3.0 domestic to hit a billion. Looks pretty safe to me.

If it does 600M OS, then yes 1B is not a problem, but even though it's early, there are a few questioning whether it can get to 600M. Yeah, I think 100M in China is pretty safe, but it may drop more than 50% for OS-China.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, druv10 said:

Yeah, pretty dumb statement from an analyst. 30-35M is what I see which is fantastic for RO.

Exactly. $35m would be a great number. I tend to think he's just being dumb, but maybe he's actually trying to set up a "disappointment" angle that he can report on through the film's run.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Exactly. $35m would be a great number. I tend to think he's just being dumb, but maybe he's actually trying to set up a "disappointment" angle that he can report on through the film's run.

That would really surprise me about him, he is usually balanced.

A mistake is also possible, writing something whilst thinking about another theme or...

E.G. he tweeted about which films got released 21 years ago shortly after the strange tweet... he seems to occupy himself, so maybe he thought about which films got released 20y back .... and voilà, the wrong number is typed

• Like 1

I looked again through cinemas in my region (means up to 50 miles away)

small cinemas (low seat counts) in the citiy and cinemas on country-side seem not to get much presales, the big rooms in the big cities look to be pretty full.

And the rather good ones quality wise (excellent sound, big(-sh) room)

A film to watch on a as big screen as possible? With the best sound possible

Strangley no preview details found at this time of day (maybe those that usually provide that in my country are busy working in the cinemas?)

It looks like a lot of merchandise was given (sold?) to the cinemas too, as in: worded like unusual much

25 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I would be over the moon with $35.  Anything 30 an up is awesome.  Over 35 and it will get even more wild around here.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I am such an idiot.  Sitting here this morning going "why are the numbers so late??" not realizing it is only Thursday.  

Lol.  

Do we do an own Wednesday thread? A few Wednesday actuals are already in (the usual small ones), and the next ones might be in relatively soon.

@Grand Moff Tele ?

Edited by terrestrial