FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Off of the biggest opening in history with years of pent up demand? You guys are ridiculous to say her death means a bigger opening than TFA. It's so stupid (not to mention insensitive since she just passed) it's worth calling out.

Its hard to believe but it opening in December and with X-mas the following week.

TFA opening weekend could have easily opened higher if it opened in May.

I am not arguing if SW8 will out open it. 

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Its hard to believe but it opening in December and with X-mas the following week.

TFA opening weekend could have easily opened higher if it opened in May.

I am not arguing if SW8 will out open it. 

I just don't think there is some untapped group of fans from TFA this will affect that aren't already going OW. It seems ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

i don't think for RO so much, but Episode 8 will be unlike anything we've ever seen.

If 575 m was on table before then I think the Carrie Fisher love can push it above 600 m for certain.

And it's no longer a question of if SW8 will surpass Avatar DOM but when.

The outpouring of support will be unprecedented.

Heath Ledger's send off multiplied and powered by Star Wars mega-fandom.

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

I just don't think there is some untapped group of fans from TFA this will affect that aren't already going OW. It seems ludicrous.

True but I see no signs to SW8 suffering a massive tumble to below 650 million as SW continues to stay relevant and pretty much dominate in North America. 

The kids absolutely loved Sing. Me and my brother thought it was okay but the 3rd I was really good. I'm really bummed about the loss to icons in two days. I know probably everybody has said this today but Carrie Fisher is now one with force and the force is with her.

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

If anything, RO has proven how dominant SW is in NA. Any concern over a huge drop from TFA is unsubstantiated now. We're seeing a SW spinoff potentially get to 550m+. That alone shows the power of the SW brand.

The POWAH of the SW brand.

Still missing that line :sadben:

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

If anything, RO has proven how dominant SW is in NA. Any concern over a huge drop from TFA is unsubstantiated now. We're seeing a SW spinoff potentially get to 550m+. That alone shows the power of the SW brand.

It's so easy to say that now. You have no idea how much RO is benefiting in the afterglow of TFA. SW is clearly strong, can't really debate that but saturation does set in eventually and it's something none of you are considering really. I still do see a decent drop from TFA.

I'm actually not sure if it's possible to even open above 250m, in terms of real world circumstances. Technically yes, I know the sheer numbers say it's easily possible... but it's also hard to ignore that TFA basically had everything going for it and still came up just a little short.

• Like 4

If you would have told me after seeing Rogue One for the first time that not long after we would be mourning one of the series greatest stars I wouldn't believe it. Out of all the celebrity deaths this year this one hits the hardest. I'm sure this will affect Rogue One's BO to some extent. Even people who have already seen the movie more than once may want to see it again for the ending alone. I know I am.

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 3