FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Anyone have a funny feeling Rogue One could do something stupid good like 24 million plus today?  I know that is a long shot, especially after the big increase in Monday. 

With the strange circumstances of Carrie, discount Tuesday, and a buzz that seems to be more intense than 24 hours ago?

Also, the coverage on this has been huge. She has been on the front page of Fox News, Cnn, abc news, drudge, huff po all day. I checked all of them through out the day and it's the unanimous top story. I don't know if it could give a jolt as early as tonight but it seems to be THE story right now as it should.

4 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Anyone have a funny feeling Rogue One could do something stupid good like 24 million plus today?  I know that is a long shot, especially after the big increase in Monday. 

With the strange circumstances of Carrie, discount Tuesday, and a buzz that seems to be more intense than 24 hours ago?

Also, the coverage on this has been huge. She has been on the front page of Fox News, Cnn, abc news, drudge, huff po all day. I checked all of them through out the day and it's the unanimous top story. I don't know if it could give a jolt as early as tonight but it seems to be THE story right now as it should.

It's certainly possible. It's a little hard to compare most of these movies to the post-Christmas Tuesdays of 2005/2011, since Discount Tuesdays have exploded since then. Fwiw, Ghost Protocol fell 33.6% and Game of Shadows fell 32.4%, which would give Rogue One a Monday in the $21.3m-$21.7m range, so a number a little higher than that wouldn't be out of the question. 

Carrie won't affect box office today as much, I don't think, but tomorrow could potentially see a much softer drop than we were expecting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

25% drop is reasonable when you look at the 2011 movies and factor in stronger Discount Tuesday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eevin said:

It's certainly possible. It's a little hard to compare most of these movies to the post-Christmas Tuesdays of 2005/2011, since Discount Tuesdays have exploded since then. Fwiw, Ghost Protocol fell 33.6% and Game of Shadows fell 32.4%, which would give Rogue One a Monday in the $21.3m-$21.7m range, so a number a little higher than that wouldn't be out of the question. 

Carrie won't affect box office today as much, I don't think, but tomorrow could potentially see a much softer drop than we were expecting.

Cannot just factor in the adult action films. It hasn't been following their pattern in recent days. Chipmunks and Tintin both had small drops on this Tuesday. I think a hybrid of Sherlock/MI4/Chipmunks/Tintin is what we should expect. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Underworld 5 bad reviews look promising for Rogue One #1 4 weekends in a row.

Week #5  - Bye Bye Man, Monster Trucks, Sleepless

Week #6 - Split, XXX 3

Something like $60m this weekend, $25m next weekend, $20m four-day the week after? I don't see Bye Bye Man, Monster Trucks or Sleepless hitting above $15m, so 5 in a row could happen too. 

Split and/or XxX (xXx? XXX? xxx?) will knock it out for sure, though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Cannot just factor in the adult action films. It hasn't been following their pattern in recent days. Chipmunks and Tintin both had small drops on this Tuesday. I think a hybrid of Sherlock/MI4/Chipmunks/Tintin is what we should expect. 

So -33.6%, -32.4%, -1.9%, -14.5%. Average it out and that's a 20.6% drop for Rogue One, which gets it to $25.5m. 

Not saying we should expect $25m+ or be disappointed if it doesn't hit that, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility, especially with Discount Tuesday in the mix. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eevin said:

So -33.6%, -32.4%, -1.9%, -14.5%. Average it out and that's a 20.6% drop for Rogue One, which gets it to $25.5m. 

Not saying we should expect $25m+ or be disappointed if it doesn't hit that, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility, especially with Discount Tuesday in the mix. 

Yeah, 25% drop to $24m seems pretty reasonable. 

15 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Something like $60m this weekend, $25m next weekend, $20m four-day the week after? I don't see Bye Bye Man, Monster Trucks or Sleepless hitting above $15m, so 5 in a row could happen too. 

Split and/or XxX (xXx? XXX? xxx?) will knock it out for sure, though. 

Live By Night and Patriot's Day are going wide Jan 13 too.