FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

Just now, YourMother said:

A2 will likely be one of the most profitable if not the most (At worst I see it doing $1.8B-$2B), but I feel that another film will be more profitable. 

My point really is that those disney films you mentioned, each has a large budget.

Also unless you're talking about MemeBall8 figurine sales then I don't see this happening at all, on box office alone Avatar 2 will easily be the most profitable film of 2018/2019.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

That's the year Disney recharges its batteries. :qotd:

and they'll probably still cross 2 billion with only a handful of movies. :jeb!:

I think in 2018, Disney will likely break it's record in 2016

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don't think Avatar 2 will beat TFA's domestic (but it will likely make over it worldwide), not to mention Fox has a pretty weak slate in 2018, Disney has Avengers: Infinity War (which could make over $500M), Incredibles 2 (another possible $400M+ grosser), Han Solo ($300M+), Gigantic and WiR2 should do Moana to Zootopia numbers, Wrinkle in Time could break out, Black Panther will breakout ($250M+) and Ant Man and the Wasp should do $200M-$230M. Possibly Jungle Book 2 and Mulan will do over $300M each. Fox only has that, Deadpool 2 ($400M) and New Mutants ($200M-$250M).

Han Solo is rather low

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

My point really is that those disney films you mentioned, each has a large budget.

Also unless you're talking about MemeBall8 figurine sales then I don't see this happening at all, on box office alone Avatar 2 will easily be the most profitable film of 2018/2019.

Avatar's budget was $237M, Avatar 2 will likely have the same budget. No Disney film except Infinity War and maybe Han Solo will have that big of a budget, but as I said Avatar 2 will likely be the most profitable.

• Like 1

Just now, robertman2 said:

Han Solo is rather low

It's release date isn't too good due to competition at worst I see $300M, at best I see $450M. I think if A2 get delayed, Han Solo should fly over to that December spot.

Just now, YourMother said:

It's release date isn't too good due to competition at worst I see $300M, at best I see $450M. I think if A2 get delayed, Han Solo should fly over to that December spot.

Jim is playing chess, A2 to 3B

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

A2 is going to be delayed until 2040.

Disney might as well take the December date now. 

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim is playing chess, A2 to 3B

I still not to sure about that. I see it dropping but still big in America ($550M-$650M) if it has an Avengers 2 drop in America, it does $568M Domestic, but international sales ($1.5B-$2B) will likely be bigger, but December 2018 has competition (Animated Spidey, Mary Poppins Returns, and Mortal Engines) could damage it a little.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Also just so you guys know when A2 makes over $3.5B WW, Jim will just move Avatar 3,4 and 5 to 2019,2020 and 2021 respectively.

Jim giveth and Jim taketh, December is Jim's month.

A2 won't make over $3B it has actual competition this time, and I feel Disney and Fox have something worked out about December (Avatar sequel get 2018 and 2020 while SW main saga episodes get 2019 and 2021)

11 minutes ago, YourMother said:

425 is my current prediction.

• Like 2