FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Also just so you guys know when A2 makes over $3.5B WW, Jim will just move Avatar 3,4 and 5 to 2019,2020 and 2021 respectively.

Jim giveth and Jim taketh, December is Jim's month.

They haven't even started shooting Avatar 2, and they'd bring the 3rd one in 2019? That's so cute :rofl:

• Like 4

Just now, YourMother said:

A2 won't make over $3B it has actual competition this time, and I feel Disney and Fox have something worked out about December (Avatar sequel get 2018 and 2020 while SW main saga episodes get 2019 and 2021)

Yeah they do have an agreement, my point was when Avatar 2 sores to #1 of all time Jim will just release them a year apart. He originally said he wanted the films to be one year apart by the way.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

They haven't even started shooting Avatar 2, and they'd bring the 3rd one in 2019? That's so cute :rofl:

Jim is shooting all 4 Avatar sequels at once, Avatar 5's shooting will be finished by 2018.

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah they do have an agreement, my point was when Avatar 2 sores to #1 of all time Jim will just release them a year apart. He originally said he wanted the films to be one year apart by the way.

True but where (Summer is unlikely, along with Q1 2019/2020) and not was Disney having theme park rights for Avatar, it'll probably be every other year if they make the release date. Also Battle Angel comes out in 2018, so it could be delayed to the spot in December, if A2 has a problem or if James wants a break.

Edited by YourMother

Just now, Krissykins said:

Literally couldn't give a shit about another Avatar film. Can't even remember the first one that much. 

That time has passed. 

See you at the midnight release mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Obi Wan used Sand Attack in the duel I think :P

It's super effective and got a critical hit. Obi wan is evolving. Congratulations, your Obi Wan evolved into Old Obi Wan.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You think James Cameron is incapable? You must not be familar with him.

It would not surprise me if A2 get delayed because of Battle Angel.

Just now, YourMother said:

It would not surprise me if A2 get delayed because of Battle Angel.

It's possible although he is just the producer for that one.

As for shooting the films at the same time, here is a quote from the man himself.

“It’s not back-to-back. It’s really all one big production. It’s more the way you would shoot a miniseries. So we’ll be shooting across all [AVATAR scripts] simultaneously. So Monday I might be doing a scene from Movie Four, and Tuesday I’m doing a scene from Movie One. … We’re working across, essentially, eight hours of story. It’s going to be a big challenge to keep it all fixed in our minds, exactly where we are, across that story arc at any given point. It’s going to be probably the most challenging thing I’ve ever done. I’m sure the actors will be challenged by that as well. It’s like, ‘No, no, no, no, this person hasn’t died yet, so you’re still in this phase of your life.’ It’s a saga. It’s like doing all three GODFATHER films at the same time.”

• Like 1