Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

'It' is currently breaking records at Twitter and Youtube, I don't even remember the last Horror trailer that generated so much buzz as this one. The only thing stopping this train right now is if the movie sucks really bad. I just can't believe that after Get Out surpass Split's insane numbers, theres a chance at another movie surpassing the even more insane GO's numbers. :ohmygod:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Remember when New Line almost cancelled It due to Poltergeists box office performance.

Thing is, did anybody actually ask for a Poltergeist remake in the 1st place? The original is one of the most sacred horror films ever made. Remaking it is the equivalent of remaking a comedy like Ghostbus-OH, WAIT, too soon, right? :ph34r:

I never understood the crazy wave of classic American horror remakes during the 2000/10's. Halloween, Dawn Of The Dead, Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday The 13th, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, Poltergeist.... and I've only seen a few of those (the actually well liked DOTD not being one of them), but, out of the ones I have seen, only Evil Dead was a half decent film, thanks to Fede Alvarez. Needless to say, none of those probably even touch their originals. Maybe some of those were due reboots and all, but c'mon now.

Glad that Hollywood is finally learning to create top drawing original horror, again. VERY glad, actually. Well, It is not actually "original", but still. Thooooooough I also can't wait for 3 decades from now when Jaden Smith's great grandson is starring in the Get Out remake :ph34r:.

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I never understood the crazy wave of classic American horror remakes during the 2000/10's. Halloween, Dawn Of The Dead, Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday The 13th, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, Poltergeist.... and I've only seen a few of those (the actually well liked DOTD not being one of them), but, out of the ones I have seen, only Evil Dead was a half decent film, thanks to Fede Alvarez. Needless to say, none of those probably even touch their originals. Maybe some of those were due reboots and all, but c'mon now.

Glad that Hollywood is finally learning to create top drawing original horror, again. VERY glad, actually. Well, It is not actually "original", but still. Thooooooough I also can't wait for 3 decades from now when Jaden Smith's great grandson is starring in the Get Out remake :ph34r:.

It's a $2 billion domestic industry.

American horror remakes I like:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Amityville Horror
Friday the 13th
Dawn of the Dead
The Omen
Evil Dead
My Bloody Valentine
The Hills Have Eyes
House on Haunted Hill
The Crazies
Carrie
The Last House on the Left
House of Wax
The Stepfather
Fright Night
Black Christmas
Sorority Row

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Thing is, did anybody actually ask for a Poltergeist remake in the 1st place? The original is one of the most sacred horror films ever made. Remaking it is the equivalent of remaking a comedy like Ghostbus-OH, WAIT, too soon, right? :ph34r:

For the same reason why any movie gets a remake. $$$$

Horror is the easiest genre to generate profits, when you add it to aN already known brand, you can only maximize the potential.

And I'm glad for remakes, they introduced me to a lot of great movies. And there's even some remakes that are better than the original (ED, THHE).

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

For all you horror lovers that would like to masturbate to a video essay just telling you how awesome you are for loving this genre.

I'd much rather masturbate to Get Out surpassing La La Land at the domestic box office yesterday.

22 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

I'd much rather masturbate to Get Out surpassing La La Land at the domestic box office yesterday.

I'll masturbate to the fact that on April 19 I can - get out - of my apartment and get to the theater and finally watch Get Out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I'll masturbate to the fact that on April 19 I can - get out - of my apartment and get to the theater and finally watch Get Out.

Hell, you could even masturbate to how amazing it is Get Out will probably still be playing on April 19.

16 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The Purge 3 generated $44m in profits last year:

http://deadline.com/2017/03/movie-profit-2016-bad-moms-sausage-party-purge-election-year-1202055424/

I'm really curious about Jason Blum's fortune, he must be one of the richest man in the industry.

Glad to see The Purge franchise still doing well.

I think it's yet to reach it's peak quality wise though.