WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 40): Hidden Figures 22.8M | Rogue One 22.1M | Sing 20.7M | Underworld 13.7M | La La Land 10.1M | Passengers 8.8M | A Monster Calls 2.1M

Trust me it's NOT boring at all! I hate boring "awards movies" like Manchester and Silence and Moonlight but I loved Hidden Figures. It's a great movie and a delight to watch. Give it a chance and I doubt you'll find it boring 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Trust me it's NOT boring at all! I hate boring "awards movies" like Manchester and Silence and Moonlight but I loved Hidden Figures. It's a great movie and a delight to watch. Give it a chance and I doubt you'll find it boring 

Haven't seen Silence yet but

Image result for no gif

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

This winter has been obnoxious. I don't remember any other winter like this. In past winters we had either nothing or one giant storm that came and went. This winter it has been repeated BS on a regular basis. I've had at least 2-3 times now where I wanted to see Rogue One but stayed home because of weather. Regal thanks me since it would just cost them extra lol.

I had a corporate video shoot as videographer today scheduled and it was canceled last night because apparently not enough staff would show up today. It was for a dental office video. Ah well, I was tired so it was just as well but MORE bad weather forecast for next weekend and next week! So the shoot may be weeks from now.

A "maunder minimum" approacheth. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

I may well watch it if it comes out here, it just looks very dull and trendy.

A movie about black womens contributions to NASA that was previously very unknown is "trendy" kkk 

• Like 5

I'm disappointed with the 7.6 but I need the film to make 100 million so....It really looks like people are loving it based on social media so here's to strong legs. I'm sure the winter storm is  affecting it.. The storm seems to be hitting places where it would have a big audience. 

Edited by ban1o

Hidden Figures has an A+ cinemascore 94% audience rating on RT with a 4.5 average. It also has 311k likes on facebook more than any other oscar contendor. People are really liking it. Hopefully it drops like 15% next week. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She's definitely one of the better singer-turned-actors I could ever recall seeing.

she apparently auditioned for Gugu's role in Concussion. It's good that she didn't get that anyway. That went nowhere while Moonlight+Hidden Figures combo is huge. 

12 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I'm disappointed with the 7.6 but I need the film to make 100 million so....It really looks like people are loving it based on social media so here's to strong legs. I'm sure the winter storm is  affecting it.. The storm seems to be hitting places where it would have a big audience. 

It started out at 6.8 on IMDB, but I'm happy it's now at 7.7. At least it didn't go down.