CJohn

74TH GOLDEN GLOBES AWARDS | Tonight on NBC | Discuss the Event Live Here!

I rarely watch TV so the interminable television categories don't interest me.

Aaron Taylor Johnson pleasantly surprised me in Nocturnal Animals. The film was pretty but ultimately hollow but he was impressive and good for him for winning. It wasn't an upset in my book, I think Ali was good but unremarkable in Moonlight. Ali will win the Oscar though. I'd always thought ATJ was a 'can't act pretty boy' but this will do his career good. Let's see if he can build on this performance.

Casey Affleck's performance was so quietly devastating, it deserves all the acclaim it is getting. In lesser hands (Matt Damon) it could have been a whirlwind of histrionics but Affleck pitched it perfectly; grief, guilt, suppressed rage and self hatred. Get the Oscar Casey. 

Haven't seen Fences but I've interviewed Viola and I did not care for her. She will get the Oscar.

Haven't seen Elle but anyone who can save us from an excruciating Portman victory speech gets my vote. I want Amy to win an oscar but I want her to sweep awards season and i don't think this is the role to help her do that.

Lonergan deserved the screenplay award but I can't begrudge LA LA Land any of its multiple wins. Loved it. Hope it wins best picture at the Oscars.

Politics at awards shows? Just no. 

25 minutes ago, All about Eve 2 said:

Haven't seen Elle but anyone who can save us from an excruciating Portman victory speech gets my vote. I want Amy to win an oscar but I want her to sweep awards season and i don't think this is the role to help her do that.

Stone pretty much has Best Actress on lock at this point.

9 hours ago, fracfar said:

Tomi Lahren meltdown. Criticizing Meryl Streep and Hollywood for being out of touch, when they don't want to go to the Inauguration Ceremony. Sad! 

Lmao these cuckservatives are the biggest group of whiners I've ever seen. Does poor Tomi Fembot need a safe space?

43 minutes ago, All about Eve 2 said:

On a side note, if there was any doubt that Angelina Jolie is finished in Hollywood, the enthusiastic reception for Brad Pitt dispelled that. Maleficent 2 may happen but the directing gigs and big cheque roles are gone.

I doubt one has anything to do with anything else. Pitt was only there to present Moonlight (since he was a producer on it).

2 hours ago, All about Eve 2 said:

I'd always thought ATJ was a 'can't act pretty boy' but this will do his career good. Let's see if he can build on this performance.

I didn't get all the hate for him because pre-Godzilla I only saw him in Kick-Ass and he really sold the character there. That moment where he sees his battered face in the mirror and feels pride probably for the first time in his life is amazing.

• Like 1

i thought he was very good in nocturnal animals but it would be weird if he was the supporting performance all the awards shows vote for when Michael Shannon is RIGHT THERE. i suppose it's about expectations shannon you expect something great, not so much w/ atj.

• Like 3