That One Girl

Blockers | April 6, 2018 | Leslie Mann, John Cena, Ike Barinholtz | Getting great reactions at SXSW

4 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Game Night opened to AUD1.95m here and Blockers just opened over Easter weekend with AUD2.62m.

Im not sure if game night did the same but blockers had an extra weekend of previews the week before last added to its gross. 

• Like 1

The link doesn’t work but the figure in the tweet is usually just the 4 day weekend. 

Found it. Blockers has a cume of AUD3,761,580 so previews were about AUD1.15m

https://mumbrella.com.au/new-steven-spielberg-film-ready-player-one-pulls-3-9m-first-weekend-508748

I didn’t really see much marketing for this. I haven’t seen a single trailer or TV spot. I was definitely more aware of Game Night. 

I’m thinking around USD30m. 

LMAO so I was talking to my manager about what we're going to predict for the week's attendance and he said the numbers he got from head office said that Blockers was ''tracking at 75-90M weekend'' and im like WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY SMOKING

He responded and asked if it was a typo if it was meant to say 17-19M but they were like nope 70-90M. So basically I guess the company just better hope the managers aren't as dumb as whoever gave those numbers. 

31 minutes ago, DAR said:

You know what trend I’m liking in comedies? Most seem to be getting out around 1:40-1:45 mark.  

Yes, absolutely. Comedies should never be too long imo, otherwise they'll easily overstay their welcome. And I think that mark is perfect to tell a well fleshed out comedy story.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yes, absolutely. Comedies should never be too long imo, otherwise they'll easily overstay their welcome. And I think that mark is perfect to tell a well fleshed out comedy story.

I would agree but it does depend on the film and its content. Trainwreck was 125 minutes and that didn't feel overlong, likewise Bridesmaids but something like This is 40 was too long and could have lost 20-30 minutes. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DAJK said:

LMAO so I was talking to my manager about what we're going to predict for the week's attendance and he said the numbers he got from head office said that Blockers was ''tracking at 75-90M weekend'' and im like WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY SMOKING

He responded and asked if it was a typo if it was meant to say 17-19M but they were like nope 70-90M. So basically I guess the company just better hope the managers aren't as dumb as whoever gave those numbers. 

250M smash incoming :ohmygod: