DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

Saw Patriot's Day tonight, it was really good.

On another note-I saw a bunch of teens buying tickets for Monster Trucks, I am convinced they were going to sneak into another film instead.

3 minutes ago, Impact said:

Saw Patriot's Day tonight, it was really good.

On another note-I saw a bunch of teens buying tickets for Monster Trucks, I am convinced they were going to sneak into another film instead.

Or they were high as a kite on that reefer and were dead set on seeing Monster Trucks.

Just now, grey ghost said:

Or they were high as a kite on that reefer and were dead set on seeing Monster Trucks.

Either way it was a complete "really?" moment for me when I saw the teens right in front of me buying tickets. (Now I can understand the little kid behind me wanting to see it)

41 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What has the more interesting look at the Japanese relationship with imperialism.

Silence or The Man In the High Castle?

Mmmm... well, SILENCE is really only concerned with it as a facet of how they react to foreign religions. It's much more front-and-center in MITHC, which (for me) is very well done and even fascinating in that regard, but also relatively familiar, whereas SILENCE presented views and perspectives I hadn't ever considered (in that particular way).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Mmmm... well, SILENCE is really only concerned with it as a facet of how they react to foreign religions. It's much more front-and-center in MITHC, which (for me) is very well done and even fascinating in that regard, but also relatively familiar, whereas SILENCE presented views and perspectives I hadn't ever considered (in that particular way).

Sounds like they both have plenty to offer in different ways.

• Like 2