DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

38 minutes ago, baumer said:

If critics hadn't been so crazy about it and you saw the movie would you honestly think it's one of the five best movies of this year? I just don't see how that's possible. There's nothing to the movie except a story about a young gay kid growing up in a tough neighborhood. That could be an ABC Afterschool special as far as I'm concerned.

Well it isn't in my top 5 for the year. But it is in my top 10. I can separate my own thoughts from critics, thank you very much. I found it to be a very touching and human story, however simple that may seem.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Well it isn't in my top 5 for the year. But it is in my top 10. I can separate my own thoughts from critics, thank you very much. I found it to be a very touching and human story, however simple that may seem.

That's cause you are a SHEEP. Bah!

• Like 1

LA LA LAND is a huge, huge Oscar frontrunner right now. It'd be silly to presume otherwise unless things dramatically change in the next couple of weeks. I'd be absolutely stunned if it doesn't win.

And count me among those who really liked MOONLIGHT. I was really emotionally connected to it and I thought the direction was subtle, elegant, and beautiful. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

LA LA LAND is a huge, huge Oscar frontrunner right now. It'd be silly to presume otherwise unless things dramatically change in the next couple of weeks. I'd be absolutely stunned if it doesn't win.

And count me among those who really liked MOONLIGHT. I was really emotionally connected to it and I thought the direction was subtle, elegant, and beautiful. 

I'm convinced we won't like the same movies, ever again.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

La La Land is arguably the biggest lock for Best Picture since Slumdog Millionaire. Nothing's stopping it.

i think as soon as it premiered at the end of august and the reactions were good i've known it was winning. i mean quote me if i'm wrong, but c'mon.

• Astonished 1

Really starting to believe $200m is a possibility for LLL. I'm not gonna say it's probable, but $150m is essentially locked at this point. Hopefully Lionsgate keeps in theaters for awhile after the BP win. Hell, there may be a chance at $400m WW.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i think as soon as it premiered at the end of august and the reactions were good i've known it was winning. i mean quote me if i'm wrong, but c'mon.

Didn't Tom Hanks stop to praise the movie while promoting Sully (and not even to give the filmmakers a pat on the back, but to say how much he really loved it)? That should've been the sign. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Really starting to believe $200m is a possibility for LLL. I'm not gonna say it's probable, but $150m is essentially locked at this point. Hopefully Lionsgate keeps in theaters for awhile after the BP win.

If it's still raking in the big bucks by then I'm sure they'll wait until like around Mother's Day to release it on DVD.

• Like 1