kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

3 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

More theaters and less Omicron/COVID hesitancy for large crowds may also provide a 3-5% OW boost over NWH. NWH probably does $280M OW with a May 2022 release....

Hide contents

Can MOM take down TA1 OW...

:ohmygod:

3 MCU movies this year. 3 shots at new monthly ow record.  

Though DS2 is the only one that doesn’t really matter since it’s an “I used the mcu to destroy the mcu” situation. When BP2 takes out Catching fire it will be 5/12. Thor vs TLK is the shot at the 6th Infinity month to perfectly balance the calendar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

Though DS2 is the only one that doesn’t really matter since it’s an “I used the mcu to destroy the mcu” situation. When BP2 takes out Catching fire it will be 5/12. Thor vs TLK is the shot at the 6th Infinity month to perfectly balance the calendar.

Ahh nice. BP2 will definitely take the November record (assuming it stays there). L&T over TLK is spicy BUT if MOM can go over AOU then I think L&T will make it happen. 

2 hours ago, Derby Legion said:

Transformers the last knight rly packed a punch. 

goodness Wakanda Forever is gonna smoke Catching Fire…that might even be deadlines headline. 

Disney just announced it was freezing all theatricla releases to Russia until further notice.  I really doubt the crisis is going to be over by  the end of May, so may be along time before Russians fan can see a Marvel Movie.

It sucks, but invade a neighboring country in a act of open aggression, bad things happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Disney just announced it was freezing all theatricla releases to Russia until further notice.  I really doubt the crisis is going to be over by  the end of May, so may be along time before Russians fan can see a Marvel Movie.

It sucks, but invade a neighboring country in a act of open aggression, bad things happen.

You sure do enjoy your pessimism. 

On 2/20/2022 at 6:59 PM, commendable said:

Meh i think yall mad overhypin this. literally anythin over 130 would be a success imo

The first one adjusted opened close to 100M being a completely new character.

After huge participations on IW / EG / NWH and having a multiverse movie crowded with cameos for himself, how DS2 will open with "only" 130M? Not even the buzz suggest that since it's behaving way closer to a event MCU movie.

Of course people expecting this to be like NWH is setting themselves for disappointments, but a 160-180M OW is a very reasonable expectation.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

For the most part, I don't think this will actually happen. MOM is the next Disney release right? I'd be surprised if this crisis lasted past mid-March. We will see what happens. Either way, I support this decision. 

Unless we see a total collapse in Russia, it will go beyond Mid March.

The sanctions could go on for months and will not end until Russia is out of Ukraine. 

Most likely scenario is Russia takes over the big cities, but then faces an insurgency that will make Afghanistan look like a sunday school picnic.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 7:15 PM, wintersoldier2021 said:

Oh no Dr strange may not show in Russia its the end of the mcu 🙄

O, rather, the end of Putin.

Irony is with Putin tyirng to cut off all contact with the West for the average Russian, I think even if the studios had not pulled their films they would have been excluded from Russia. Totalarian Dictorships suck.

• Like 1