kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

4 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

The second trailer made it seem like a relatively simple story: Wanda chases Strange and Chavez through the multiverse. The cameos here are going to be just that - cameos.

Yeah when you think about it the main cast is hardly Avengers or NWH sized — Strange, Wong, Chavez, Wanda? Many other characters probably get their reality visited, have some plot interaction, then we’re off to another reality. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

But how many non avengers mcu movies have this much going on in them

Into the Spider-Verse deals with Miles's origin, six other "Spider-Men", Kingpin, Prowler, Doc Ock and a host of other elements in 118 minutes. Didn't hinder that film.

Pretty sure this can work in 126 minutes as long as the setup is short and to the point. No Way Home takes a good while before Doc Ock even appears. Endgame spends twenty minutes on a prologue before another 45 on setup before they even time travel. Would MoM need that much time to get going on its plot, when we've had multiple films and a Disney+ series leading into it already? Honestly don't think so.

Edited by cookie

30 minutes ago, Maggie said:

So, how much are we predicting for OW? Despite huge trailer views/likes, i feel this is not as hyped as i anticipated.

160/420 is perfectly fine for DS. Not everything has to be a 200M monster and we still don't know if the concept of multiverse is a big enough draw for the GA

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

38 minutes ago, Maggie said:

So, how much are we predicting for OW? Despite huge trailer views/likes, i feel this is not as hyped as i anticipated.

185-210 (assuming normal mcu reactions)

Edited by Villain Legion
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Thinking 170-185M range. A lower number would really surprise me, anything higher would be extraordinary imo. After all, this is still a Doctor Strange film.

• Like 1

I really like Wandas look for this movie. Dunno, i found her outfit/appearance in Age of Ultron always way too edgy and somewhat comical and in Civil War and Infinity War/Endgame she had more of a "normal" look, that wasnt very memorable. Cant comment on WandaVision as i havent seen it.

But here she looks badass to me. Kind of like a ... witch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KnucklesXXR said:

If you think a tad is at least $40 million, then I agree :) 

Imagine telling someone in 2008 after The Dark Knight came out that someday in the near future Doctor Strange 2 is expected to open (probably significantly) higher than the Batman movie of that year.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Imagine telling someone in 2008 after The Dark Knight came out that someday in the near future Doctor Strange 2 is expected to open (probably significantly) higher than the Batman movie of that year.

They’d believe it if you told them the director ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2