grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

Just now, filmlover said:

If you watch White Guy Saves China before White Guy Saves Jazz:

Image result for stare gif

It might actually be happening. :redcapes:

Spoiler

I'll probably see it that same weekend. The question is, which one first? May depend on times and what's more convenient

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

A movie that will show up on the top 25 lit of 2017. Nothing to be ashamed of

with all the imdb folks coming in 2 weeks you better believe that justice league will be a top 5 picture at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Did you release the top 40-100 somewhere?

Thanks for making this list by the way, I truly appreciated the effort.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

@grim22

?????????

I didnt. Do we need to see all the "not good enough for the top, not bad enough to be last" movies? All of them got 1-7 stray votes throughout. Any movie not in the top 40 or the bottom is on there, being #50 or #75 doesn't actually matter.

• Like 1

I didnt. Do we need to see all the "not good enough for the top, not bad enough to be last" movies? All of them got 1-7 stray votes throughout. Any movie not in the top 40 or the bottom is on there, being #50 or #75 doesn't actually matter.

Yes, we really need it. Don't you know how much we love rankings? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Arrival felt like it was pretending to say something profound about language, co-operation, and game theory, but it really wasn't. It's not that I disagree with the broad messages or themes, I just think the treatment was superficial at best, and fundamentally wrong in some of the details, especially regarding the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis.

It wasn't saying anything about time at all, although I don't even know if it was pretending to. Best to not get me started on the "time is a flat circle" stuff. I know I'm probably taking it too literally.

Also, this is probably a very personal problem, but I really didn't like the portrayal of Ian. No scientist I've ever met (and I've met a lot) would say anything as ignorant or arrogant as some of the lines he's given.

To be clear, I think the film was very well-made, with beautiful visuals and a terrific performance from Amy Adams. So I didn't hate it. I was just very disappointed, compared with what I expected based on reviews etc.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

futurist just wants to jerk off seeing passengers at #84 or whatever. don't give into that impulse.

Just now, grim22 said:

As the list showed being or good enough or bad enough (BvS!!!!!!!!) wasn't the criteria for many of these .  So yes, I'd like to see the maybe not good enough but maybe just not seen enough to get in the top 40 list.