Blankments

Leap! | Eric Summer & Éric Warin | August 25, 2017

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Did really well at my theatre tonight. Even had this dad show up with his 3 year old daughter and he was fully dressed up in a tutu with her it was adorable.

Nice to hear. It's gonna be hard because when this comes out in America it will be the 4th wide release animation film in a 4 week period. Def will hurt it domestically here in America. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slicknickshady said:

Nice to hear. It's gonna be hard because when this comes out in America it will be the 4th wide release animation film in a 4 week period. Def will hurt it domestically here in America. 

I wonder why Weinstein decided to wait till April to distribute it in the US? Especially since a late February/early March release in Canada seems to be working out fine, at least anecdotally?

Edit: Notably, the Canadian distributor is Entertainment One, not Weinstein.

Edited by Jason

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I wonder why Weinstein decided to wait till April to distribute it in the US? Especially since a late February release in Canada seems to be working out fine, at least anecdotally?

Weinstein is a mess lately, moving and removing films of their slate almost religiously. I think they should have gone for a February release as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Most of that number is from Quebec I see. Rest of Canada expanded on the third so I don't expect full week numbers to be out yet.

Good catch. Don't know why I didn't think to look at the English/French split, especially since I didn't think this opened near me until the 3rd. Explains why it only opened in 77 theatres.

Numbers for March 3-9 won't appear on that site until next Tuesday.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JB33 said:

This has had a pretty good run at my theatre. Lasted longer than the likes of Monster Trucks, The Bye Bye Man and Rings.

Did pretty well here too. 3 week run and made our equivalent of about 50-55M.

• Like 1