CJohn

Friday Numbers (The Vow: 15.4M; Safe House: 13.8M; Star Wars 3D: 8.7M; Journey 2: 6.6M)

It might, true. But Beauty and the Beast only increased 20% without midnights.

Yes, I am forgetting the 1 mill it did with midnights. So it could stay flat or jump by 2-5%. I still think it will make 30, provided the 11 mill is right.

SF trailer was badass. The music choice was inspired and it greatly helped, just like Eminem helped MI 4. GI Joe trailer is also cool with that jay z music. It hypes people. It's like drugs, raises the adrenaline :lol:

This is more true than we think.

Maybe there is something to that. Guru mentioned that it really will get the black audience interested in it as well. He said "urban" but really, it's black people. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I think his music can just make things look epic. Jarhead with "Jesus Walks" was an amazing trailer and made the movie look like it was going to be a lot better than it actually was. Both Social Network and Limitless used "Power" very effectively as it showed the protagonist become well, powerful. And Safe House using "Church in the Wild" has been working since I first saw an add for it on Christmas during the Laker game. Just shows that great marketing can do wonders.

I think his music can just make things look epic. Jarhead with "Jesus Walks" was an amazing trailer and made the movie look like it was going to be a lot better than it actually was. Both Social Network and Limitless used "Power" very effectively as it showed the protagonist become well, powerful. And Safe House using "Church in the Wild" has been working since I first saw an add for it on Christmas during the Laker game. Just shows that great marketing can do wonders.

Music helps trailers. There is no doubt.
  • Like 1

Star Wars will be frontloaded so not sure. The Vow and Safe House should make it.Insane for Safe House. The SB Tv Spots, Denzel as the bad guy and Ryan Reynolds. Ryan Reynolds proves that GL and TCU failling had nothing to do with him.

LOL no it doesn't.

Safe House, OMG. :blink::o Denzel has to be as big of a draw as any other actor out there to take such a generic film as SH to a $40m OW. Can you imagine if he ever does a blockbuster type film? If he does, look out Depp and Smith. This weekend is crazy amazing. If this continues into next month when we actually get some big name films hitting, we're in for a record March. And my $90m Hunger Games OW prediction suddenly is looking very attainable.

Edited by MovieMan89

I think most of this is due to Denzel's drawing power, but as you said, I think a lot of it is Reynold's pairing with Denzel, which I think will go uncredited. But I can't prove that theory, so there you go. But I like Denzel and Reynolds, so this is a win situation.

I think most of this is due to Denzel's drawing power, but as you said, I think a lot of it is Reynold's pairing with Denzel, which I think will go uncredited. But I can't prove that theory, so there you go. But I like Denzel and Reynolds, so this is a win situation.

I think it's both of them. Denzel and Reynolds.