CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

Moonlight is a fantastic movie, and it won't be forgotten (with critics and film nerds at least).  No reason to hate on the movie because of the screw up, it's not the fault of anyone who made Moonlight.  

And while I could understand people saying, "It's only a reaction to Trump and Oscars so white!"  They could have went with Fences or Hidden Figures (hell even Loving if they had nominated it) for the same effect.  In all reality, Hidden Figures might be the more Anti-Trump film.

Moonlight didn't just win because "black and gay", it won because it's a great movie that a lot of people really loved.  This is coming from someone who prefers La La Land to Moonlight.

• Like 11

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I hope Warren Beattying becomes a verb from this day forth.

"I got called into my bosses office and I heard I was getting a promotion, but it turned out they were Warren Beattying me and I got fired."

Hey, that happened to me last month

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

Don't be so obtuse.

No I mean I really don't get it.  I don't see color when I watch a movie, I see either good cinema or bad cinema and it annoys me when people just refer to something as a "black film" solely cause it has a majority black cast.  I don't hear people going around saying something is a "white film."

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Moonlight is a fantastic movie, and it won't be forgotten (with critics and film nerds at least).  No reason to hate on the movie because of the screw up, it's not the fault of anyone who made Moonlight.  

And while I could understand people saying, "It's only a reaction to Trump and Oscars so white!"  They could have went with Fences or Hidden Figures (hell even Loving if they had nominated it) for the same effect.  In all reality, Hidden Figures might be the more Anti-Trump film.

Moonlight didn't just win because "black and gay", it won because it's a great movie that a lot of people really loved.  This is coming from someone who prefers La La Land to Moonlight.

It won precisely because it was black and gay, it was literally oscar bait the movie