CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I've thought Moonlight might be the movie remembered from this year since the moment it dropped, honestly. Definitely has staying power. This might actually help La La Land historically, and it'll always be remembered as an iconic musical and big time hit. Both of these movies seem like ones we'll be talking about 20 years from now, idk. I actually think this entire Best Pic slate will hold up well for various reasons.

Imo one of the best recent slates. Arrival, Hidden Figures, Hell or High Water and probably Manchester by the Sea seem like good bets too.

• Like 1

I try to use "Oscar bait" as a neutral catch-all term for any movie with realistic Oscar aspirations. Though around this time it seems to just be used to describe any movie with awards attention that the person using the label doesn't like.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

ATTENTION:

u8SQOFer3kMFy.gif

So earlier this evening I made a foolhardy claim that if Emma Stone lost Best Actress or LA LA LAND lost Best Picture, I'd do a special account sale for the forums. And, well, the cinema gods awarded me with a particularly wild bit of insanity.

So... to honor this moment that will go down in Oscar infamy, we're offering 50% off all Premium and Gold accounts (both monthly and yearly) until Friday.

50%... that means a Gold account is $7.50 for a month, $82 for a year. A Premium account is now $5/month, $55 for a year.

Have at it, folks!

P.S. If you already have a monthly account paid for, I believe you still can upgrade future months at the new price. Check with @Water Bottle on that.

• Like 9

How can movies that barely nobody saw can be remembered if these movies were only seen by a tiny cinephile elite that love to suck each other s cocks with their perfect movie tastes ?

What is the point in that ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

ATTENTION:

u8SQOFer3kMFy.gif

So earlier this evening I made a foolhardy claim that if Emma Stone lost Best Actress or LA LA LAND lost Best Picture, I'd do a special account sale for the forums. And, well, the cinema gods awarded me with a particularly wild bit of insanity.

So... to honor this moment that will go down in Oscar infamy, we're offering 50% off all Premium and Gold accounts (both monthly and yearly) until Friday.

50%... that means a Gold account is $7.50 for a month, $82 for a year. A Premium account is now $5/month, $55 for a year.

Have at it, folks!

P.S. If you already have a monthly account paid for, I believe you still can upgrade future months at the new price. Check with @Water Bottle on that.

oh my god i could have saved 7 dollars tele how cud u

• Like 5