CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i've seen the reader. act one is about a teenage boy's sexual awakening. act two is a courtroom drama about the holocaust. act three is ralph fiennes teaching elderly kate winslet how to read in prison. the movie is in fact, all of the oscar things. no way it wouldn't be nominated.

Image result for hmm emoji

Just now, MrPink said:

I keep forgetting Melissa Leo won an Oscar for the Fighter. 

Yikes. That was not a performance I cared for much at all

i feel like that's when the academy got together and decided they were gonna destroy amy adams hopes at every opportunity. cos like... c'mon. she was right there in the same movie!

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

I keep forgetting Melissa Leo won an Oscar for the Fighter. 

Yikes. That was not a performance I cared for much at all

Remember when Christian Bale said in his speech at I think the BFCA's that year that the real woman the mother from The Fighter was based on died and came back to life a little while later? I was like, why doesn't that surprise me (although she's passed away for real since)?

Just now, filmlover said:

Remember when Christian Bale said in his speech at I think the BFCA's that year that the real woman the mother from The Fighter was based on died and came back to life a little while later? I was like, why doesn't that surprise me (although she's passed away for real since)?

Nope

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i feel like that's when the academy got together and decided they were gonna destroy amy adams hopes at every opportunity. cos like... c'mon. she was right there in the same movie!

Amy Adams holocaust movie will happen eventually. Although, I do think Holocaust based movies have slowly started dwindling in number, might be something to do with the fact that every holocaust movie that comes out now is immediately called Oscar bait putting it on the backfoot from the start.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Lmao, I was googling Hailee Steinfeld to see if I spelled her last name correctly, and the second result is her age :rofl: 

It's better than googling an actress and the second thing that comes up is "feet"

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i've seen the reader. act one is about a teenage boy's sexual awakening. act two is a courtroom drama about the holocaust. act three is ralph fiennes teaching elderly kate winslet how to read in prison. the movie is in fact, all of the oscar things. no way it wouldn't be nominated.

Its like they decided "guys we need to make an Oscar flick," put zero effort into the quality of it, and they still got fucking nominated.  that and EL&IC are garbage.

• Like 3