FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Not a huge fan... B-/C+ range. I thought it was mostly boring. I did like the Hydra montage reveal, that was the only inspired part. 

I do like Chris Evans. I don't really have a huge issue with any of the casting except Bucky -- to me, Sebastian Stan is a giant charisma suck. Maybe that's one reason why I didn't really care for it. 

Image result for covering one's mouth

If Tumblr gets the wind of this...:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah. It's not great because its gory or has excessive swearing (though I must say I do love my f-bomb) its great because it takes the time to build the characters and their relationships into something special

^^^^ YES

In terms of that specific scene in question, I thought it was funny and clearly intended as such -- despite the pathos. 

There was tons of this sort of stuff in MANCHESTER BY THE SEA and it didn't get nearly the sort of absurd over-analysis that this scene is getting. If you thought it was funny, great! If you didn't think it was funny, great!

• Like 6

Just now, Telemachos said:

In terms of that specific scene in question, I thought it was funny and clearly intended as such -- despite the pathos. 

There was tons of this sort of stuff in MANCHESTER BY THE SEA and it didn't get nearly the sort of absurd over-analysis that this scene is getting. If you thought it was funny, great! If you didn't think it was funny, great!

Monster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Perfect comparison. There was some dark moments in Manchester By The Sea that had me bust out laughing. 

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Was about to compare it to MbtS :lol: Which isn't a bad thing, because MbtS is fantastic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Kenneth Lonergan is such a nuanced and subtle writer.

Oh, look at how life can be funny & random even whe you re grieving your own flesh and blood.

Marvelous writing.

• Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

Oh, look at how life can be funny & random even whe you re grieving your own flesh and blood.

Marvelous writing.

tumblr_nlozzw0DPz1un3j23o1_500.gif

• Like 5

Spoiler

The scene in question was both a gut punch and a bit funny to me.  He was completely devastated and had a very realistic mental breakdown.  I wouldn't have changed it all.

Spoiler tags just in case

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 7

Just now, The Futurist said:

Marvelous writing.

I mean yeah. Life isn't all one emotion at one time. We still laugh and crack jokes when we are feeling down.

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

I mean yeah. Life isn't all one emotion at one time. We still laugh and crack jokes when we are feeling down.

can't talk to futurist about this one. he's already done 19 "if you make sad movies you are emotional Hitler" rants about kenneth lonergan. just let him wear himself out.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 5