DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

1 minute ago, XO21 said:

Reading Deadline analysis about how GO, Logan and BATB slowed down Kong, I wonder who will be the casualties in June and July 

If I had to pick one, I'd say The Mummy for June and Valerian is def gonna flop in July.

• Like 2

Let's hope it's actually even closer to a 40M weekend for Logan.

Impressed by Kong, I never expected over 50M.

La La Land closing in on that 150M is a highly impressive run overall specially when you see its WW number. Don't let high expectations make you think otherwise.

It's a shame Wick 2 won't get to 100M as it sorta deserves that but it's still a damn fine number.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Outrageous! said:

I don't think it will, for the same reason the RT score for Beauty and the Beast will be mostly irrelevant next weekend.  The brands are entrenched, meaning people have already decided whether they like the product or not, and are unlikely to be persuaded to change their minds.  If someone loves the animated Beauty and the Beast, they aren't likely to be discouraged by reviews saying it is the same thing.  Likewise, I just can't see the Power Rangers movie suddenly turning a whole bunch of moviegoers who have not seen the show in years into PR fans, even should that movie have good reviews.

I love the animated Beauty and the Beasts and I am not seeing ths of its just the same film the animated film was but a lesser version. But I have not been interested in any of their live action adaptations so far apart from Jungle Book so I guess my views are not the what most people who watch these films have.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

It isn't.

It beat industry tracking by 30-35%.

Yeah, weak compared to expectations from a 185m movie, but fine if you consider the circumstances. You got a streak of hyped movies and Kong got the short straw.

Edited by YSLDC

So many people without avatars.

pleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDB

pleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDBpleasedontbefromIMDB

• Like 4