DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

Also, anyone thinking Boss Baby might surprise despite BatB? Maybe it's just me but when I'm at work people, not just kids, seem pretty interested. I'm going to say 39/125

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think cut that in half

If it gets Fant4stic level reviews then yea cut it in half

but hey I really liked project almanac so I'm "somewhat optimistic"?

There's a possibility that Power Rangers could surprise but Ghost in The Shell is a definite bomb. They made all the wrong decisions with how to do it and the core fanbase is alienated which would've been the driving force for this kind of movie tbh.

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Depends what you call under performing. I predict high 30's maybe 40 opening weekend.

I'm doubtful it can even reach those numbers.  WB and Lionsgate are polar opposites at times for marketing.  Whereas WB has been known for getting Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, and now Kong, to open very well, outside of the smaller budgeted productions, Lionsgate has been known to do the opposite, and get their movies to open worse: Allegiant last year is a good example.  It may be anecdotal, but here are two tweets I saw about an important audience the Power Rangers movie needs to have.  Again, the reactions may be different elsewhere, but based on some of the other statistics I'm seeing so far, I'll trust my feelings on this:

I will say, though, the weekend thread for March 24 should be fascinating here, with CJohn's and Gokira2012's strong stances on Power Rangers.

Edited by Outrageous!

16 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Also, anyone thinking Boss Baby might surprise despite BatB? Maybe it's just me but when I'm at work people, not just kids, seem pretty interested. I'm going to say 39/125

I gave my kids the option of seeing Batb next week or boss baby at the end of the month and they chose Boss baby. I've seen every kids movie over the last year or so in theatres and every time boss baby trailer plays it gets good reactions. I think you may be right. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh God, I had no idea Juliette Binoche was in GITS :rofl: 

And to make it even funnier to function as basically a walking exposition machine from what I've seen so far.

52 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Ths USD is much stronger now than it was in the summer of 2014. 

historical.png?s=DXY&v=20170310220000&d1

Therefore, it will be a major success if Kong can match Godzilla's OS numbers. 

If it matches Godzilla then it will have reached a bigger audience, but that won't make it more profitable which is the success that bishop54 was referring to. Exchange rates make things unfair and not directly comparable.

These are the X-Men movies ranked by domestic box-office, adjusted for real inflation: 

1. Deadpool - $367M

2. X2           - $284M

3. X-Men LS - $282M

4. DOFP       - $240M

5. X-Men      - $222M

6. Origins     - $204M

7. First Class - $158M

8. Apocalypse - $157M

9. The Wolverine - $138M

Seems like Logan will finish bang in the middle of that.